Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 2:21 am

Recidivist wrote:
Dude! Do you even know what the man code is?

Never tell your mate's GF he is chatting someone up unless you want a shitstorm. You are lucky he is still your friend.

Dude! Is this really a thing? Men have man codes?! 8O

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 2:31 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Never tell your mate's GF he is chatting someone up unless you want a shitstorm. You are lucky he is still your friend.

They do. But unfortunately women don't stick together and have a woman code. It seems to be a free for all with women competing against each other :roll:

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 3:56 am

Again and again you post about how awful the people you hang out with are (both to you and generally). The obvious solution is to get away from those people

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 8:01 am

Keep away from that lady.
Your friend has poor judgment.
Think yourself glad that you are single!

Look for a lady with a kind heart who loves you and you love her.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 9:53 am

KitLily wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

They do. But unfortunately women don't stick together and have a woman code. It seems to be a free for all with women competing against each other :roll:

Women definitely unionize to screw over a specific man. I almost got kicked out of college because I hurt a woman's feelings and several others did a pretty transparent hatchet job trying to get me. To this day, I have not received any explanation as to what I did.

But, no doubt moment that was over, they went back to business as usual.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 10:48 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Yeah, but most of them are jokes or just plain toxic to make it even more confusing.

Quote:
The Man Code is simply a collection of unspoken, yet widely known, regulations that govern the behavior of men. It applies to every person that self identifies as a man. There are no exceptions (i.e. “definitive”) and it applies to all facets of life. The absence of these regulations, result in mayhem. The Code is more relevant today than ever before, because, frankly speaking, men are the new women; and this is as a direct result of men not adhering to The Code.

Man Code Rule #1: “No C*ck Blocking”

This particular code violation takes on many forms and is rooted in men’s natural instinct of competition. The bottom line here however is, men do not slander other men in an effort to gain the affection of a lady. Violation of this code is punishable by DEATH! Ok, maybe not by death, but it could at least get the violator punched in the face. A man stands on his own merits and allows a lady to decide.

Man Code Rule #2: “Baby Showers = No Man’s Land”

I’ll skip the “birds and the bees” explanation and jump right to baby shower etiquette. Men do not allow their wives/baby mamas to plan a coed baby shower. I don’t care how “inclusive” she wants it to be. No man — the father to be included — wants to spend his Saturday afternoon tasting baby food or wrapping the mother-to-be’s belly with toilet paper. Men should have the cojones to veto this idea, but ladies can make it easier on us by not making the suggestion.

Man Code Rule #3: “You Are What You Drink”

Simply put, men don’t drink cocktails in fancy glasses or garnished with fruit. There are few exceptions — the gentlemen’s martini (think 007 not Sex in the City) or a Corona with a lime wedge. Blue Curacao/Grenadine colored cocktails with extra cherries are unacceptable.

Man Code Rule #4: “Silence is Golden”

Gentlemen, it is your responsibility to Keep. Your. F*&kin. Mouth. Shut. So that means no stories about the guy’s trip to Brazil, the bachelor party in Vegas or even some of the confides your boy may share with you. This rule however is not as absolute. The gentleman does have room for situational judgment calls. For example, if he is closer to the woman in the relationship then he is obligated to discuss transgressions that can potentially harm his female friend. However, the informant in this particular case cannot break the code of silence for personal gain. While on the topic of silence, it’s also applies to your conduct when you’re out with your crew, if you’re at a game, on a road trip, etc. Sometimes it’s fine to enjoy the silence, so there is NO need to feel like you have to talk every frickin’ second. In fact, it might ruin the vibe.

Man Code Rule #5: “Sword Crossing is Prohibited”

This is probably the oldest rule on the books and should be strictly adhered to at all times! Under no circumstances is “dating” your boy’s ex permissible. She is off limits! In some circles, asking permission prior to taking a dip in the “sloppy seconds” pool is acceptable. I, however, encourage gentlemen to err on the side of brotherhood.

Man Code Rule #1,765: "New Guy"

If you're the new guy at work, "New Guy" is your only name until a new new guy shows up--even if you've been a senior VP for 12 years. Got it, New Guy? Now fetch us some coffee.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 11:17 am

That's strangely comforting. Thanks!

I assume there's one for women but that would be a derail.

The only one I know is not to leave a friend alone at a party / pub.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 12:00 pm

I've heard about the 'bro code'. Someone once joked that I'd broken bro code when I was in a multiplayer game and I snuck off to flirt with an NPC instead of completing my chore list. :lol:

"Excuse you? What happened to bros first? Why are you out here flirting with the nurse?"

"Well why are you at the hospital anyway?"

"I'm not the one chatting up NPCs"

"Don't worry I'm coming back to do my tasks"

"You better be"

---

I've also been in conversations where people have told me about 'girl code'.

The only time I helped gang up on a guy was when a former friend was with an abuser. I was worried about her physical safety so I pretended to be friendly with him, I gained his trust so he'd let me see her. However, I'd been plotting with others about escape plans and ways to get the authorities involved without him catching on too early. Thankfully everything worked out.

I'm not a fan of girl code or bro code, I follow my own code. Besides I don't think I fit into either all that neatly.

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 07 Jun 2023, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 12:11 pm

The only element of the man code I've ever been comfortable with is the bit about avoiding eye contact at urinals. I like to append "and everywhere else" to that one.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2023, 12:19 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Women definitely unionize to screw over a specific man. I almost got kicked out of college because I hurt a woman's feelings and several others did a pretty transparent hatchet job trying to get me. To this day, I have not received any explanation as to what I did.

I would only guess that it was something 'sexual' you did to annoy them. By that I mean a dodgy comment or staring too long or something.

I'm sure you did it totally without meaning to! I'm not saying you are a perv! But that is the only situation I've found that women will stick together- if they feel threatened by a man.

e.g. if a woman is being followed by a man outdoors, she might go up to women she doesn't know and say 'please pretend you know me there is a man following me and I'm scared.' We sometimes have to do that for safety.

Again I'm not saying you did that! It was probably a remark they took wrongly. Women always take my remarks wrongly and there's no way I ever say anything sexual to them :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 10:15 pm

The middle finger thing could be something as simple as a joke (albeit in bad taste).

People sometimes do socially inappropriate things to be funny (a joke between themselves) and others sometimes play along with them, which may include your friend playing along with his girlfriend in this scenario.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 10:48 pm

KitLily wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:

I would only guess that it was something 'sexual' you did to annoy them. By that I mean a dodgy comment or staring too long or something.

I'm sure you did it totally without meaning to! I'm not saying you are a perv! But that is the only situation I've found that women will stick together- if they feel threatened by a man.

e.g. if a woman is being followed by a man outdoors, she might go up to women she doesn't know and say 'please pretend you know me there is a man following me and I'm scared.' We sometimes have to do that for safety.

Again I'm not saying you did that! It was probably a remark they took wrongly. Women always take my remarks wrongly and there's no way I ever say anything sexual to them :lol:

No, made the mistake of pointing out that one of them was supposed to be helping me as part of her job. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to politely request help that I was supposed to be getting. I guess because my major was mostly women, she thought that she didn't have to help men in there program.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 10:14 am

She doesn't like you but she didn't have the nerve to tell you in person.