Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2009, 1:33 am

Lorna wrote:
I love going out clubbing but only around once a month. The loud music is annoying but at least it stops you needing to make small talk. I kind of feel normal in a club because I was taught to dance by a friend and I find dancing with people a lot easier than making conversation with them. I'm actually surprised that more aspies don't like the chance to socialize in an environment where conversation isn't essential.

Well Lorna (and welcome again to WP) I'd say because a lot of us Aspies are horrible dancers, myself included, which is ironic because I am a musician's musician and can play lots of complicated rhythms simultaneously with both hands on the piano and I'm also a great percussionist and can play complex polyrhythms of 3x5, etc.

But with dancing you have to actually move my feet and tell me how many degrees it's going, how far away and with what velocity. I wish I were joking.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2009, 2:03 pm

I know exactly how you feel about clubs and such. clubs and discotheques are very depressing places for me, so much so that i would be more happier in a graveyard than in a discotheque (no, i am not a goth).

When i go out, i try to find the best environment that suits me and meet people with in them and not be drowned by loud repetitive music and massive consumption of alcohol. i prefer to interact with people who are just like me and be in an environment that suites me.

I was at a comedy club about a week ago and i loved it! i was interacting with a few of the comedians as part of the interactive audience and i loved it. i suggest you go to a comedy club next time

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2009, 12:25 am

Ugh, I know this feeling. I just started university and all my new friends are always trying to go out and do stuff. I personally would rather stay home and talk (or read Wikipedia)...I can't handle the noise, the sheer amount of people, the alcohol, the fact that I don't like pop/hip-hop/dance/techno music, or the fact that everyone is a stranger. And I can't dance. I don't even like to have to walk off-campus.

I am such a hermit.