Yes 34%  34%  [ 33 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 98

night
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Feb 2006, 4:41 am

Just wondering if I'm not the only one who actually does that..
Yesterday I watched The Descent in the cinema, pretty good horror movie :)
Something made me feel a bit sad though.. When I went to buy the ticket, the girl at the ticket counter looked kinda surprised and asked, "only one ticket?".. Yes only one (what the hell does it look like?), nothing wrong with that if I got nobody to go out with.. :(

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 5:43 am

ABSOLUTELY! That is the best way to go. I can go at weird hours of the night and in the middle of the week where I will practically have the theatre to myself, nobody to bug me, nobody to run late over, nobody to beg me to make a snack run, no need to leave early for anyone, and no need to wait for anyone to shut up and get in the car.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2006, 6:42 am

I dont but some times i wish i did. Espiecally when theres some asswipe that you know whos a spoilt only child who you secretally hate but your mum is friends with the family. I like the idea of going to the cinamas alone. If my mum had the last word on it i proberally wont be aloud to go, some thing to do with pedophiles.

night
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Feb 2006, 7:08 am

Sean wrote:
ABSOLUTELY! That is the best way to go. I can go at weird hours of the night and in the middle of the week where I will practically have the theatre to myself, nobody to bug me, nobody to run late over, nobody to beg me to make a snack run, no need to leave early for anyone, and no need to wait for anyone to shut up and get in the car.

Yeah, I tend to think of it that way too :) That's the good thing about it, but sometimes it gets lonely.. Am glad am not the only one.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 10:17 am

I do, but I do so, durring the Day. My local Busses only run from 7am until 9pm. And there are a lot of wierdos out durring the night, where I live. I feel safer going during the Daylight Hours. I enjoy my own company, and this is the best way for me to do so.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 12:02 pm

I usually go with one of my two best friends. They don't talk during the movie, and when I'm with them then unwanted company doesn't try to join us.

Last edited by Sorce on 17 Feb 2006, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 12:10 pm

i love going to the cinema on my own. although, i don't mind going with another person either (actually, it's probably the best activity that you can do with another person as there is usually no need to verbally converse with them for at least an hour and a half).

the last thing i went to see was war of the worlds, a few months ago. it was quite funny because they had a problem with the film projection that day but, because there was no one with me, i couldn't check that the picture looked odd to them too. so it took me a while to find the courage to go and ask a member of staff if there was a problem with the film. all the other people in the cinema just sat there, staring at the screen, like sheep. :P

Last edited by hecate on 02 Mar 2006, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 12:18 pm

I used to do that, but had to stop, and here's why. I once went to a movie theater in a mall near my high school by myself (big mistake, I know). As my luck would have it, I ran into people from school while walking from the box office to the theater. Needless to say, they told the whole school that I went to a movie my myself. After that I hadn't seen a movie for over a year.

Eventually, I managed to meet friends, and this wasn't a problem anymore.

So here's my advice for all of you here. If you must to a movie alone, do NOT go to a theater near your school. If your city has buses, take one to a different neighborhood, and see a movie there. It's amazing how many thing aspies have to learn the hard way.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 17 Feb 2006, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 12:26 pm

No. I don't like to go out in public alone. Too scary. I need a buffer.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 1:24 pm

I do sometimes, but only if I'm extremely bored and/or if there's a movie that I *really* wanna see. But of course, I'd rather go with someone else, and it's only because of my unfortunate lack of a social life that I end up going by myself. Although, going by myself can be more pleasant than going with my mother at times...

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2006, 2:37 pm

I rarely go to the cinema, and if I go it's always with a few people (my friend and his friends). But the last I went was an exception though - in the spring of last year I wanted to see Kingdom of Heaven but my friend didn't, so I figured that I could might as well go by my self. Surprisingly, I was just with three other people in the room, a couple and an elder guy. They left long before the end of the movie, but I sat there till the end.
Since then, I haven't been to the cinema any more due to other priorities or a lack of movies I wanted to see. But I don't think that when a 'must see movie' pops up, I'll have a problem going by my self, if no one else wants to go.

unix
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2006, 12:32 am

i don't.... i can't stand seeing couples together, b/c it makes me feel even more lonely

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 1:51 am

Aspie1 wrote:
So here's my advice for all of you here. If you must to a movie alone, do NOT go to a theater near your school. If your city has buses, take one to a different neighborhood, and see a movie there. It's amazing how many thing aspies have to learn the hard way.

Now this is something I've never understood, even back in my high school days eons ago. Why is it anyone's business what I do on my own time? If I want to go to the movies by myself, with momma or whoever, that's no one's affair but mine. And if they think somethings so wrong with it, why should I make concessions for them? They're not going to dislike me any less.

I've gone to the movies alone for years and I was always amazed by how people found that strange. There's no logic in the social rule that unless you're with someone when you go out, then you must be a loser.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 4:33 pm

I have once when I was 11.

It was very enjoyable. But I felt like a dick being there myself and never did it again.

Yameretzu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2006, 4:50 pm

I dont go alone, I like to discuss the movie after I've seen it so I either go with a member of my family or a friend.

ozymandias
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 9:55 pm

When I was single I preferred to go alone. Now with DVD's, I only go to movie theatres if my daughter wants to see a movie very badly. She sits with other kids and I sit in the back alone by preference. Otherwise I watch the movie at home in my comfy chair, eat when I want and not pay outrageous money, pause it when I have to go to the lavatory. AND not have to listen to idiots on cell phones, jabbering like moronic monkeys to each other when they are in a group, but then again, I'm such an unsociable ba*****. :twisted:

Peace