Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 10:22 am

I recently had invited someone on Facebook to my list of friends who happened to be a former pastor of mine. However, due to my previous behavior back in 2003, he denied me on Facebook as a friend. (I hid in the church due to other issues, and he took notes about my behavior and gave them to my family members.) I mean, he also worked in a group at church for people with disabilities and knew about me having Asperger's Syndrome. I even kept talking about how it would be great for someone to understand my situation and for me to make some new friends who accepted me for who I am. However, he showed his true colors when I got kicked out of church 6 and a half years ago and took notes of every little move I made while on the property?

What does anyone else think about him being interested and then my own contacting him?

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 1:49 pm

I had a similar experience with a former employer. I decided to up and quit one day so he took me to lunch, I guess to talk me out of it or find out what was wrong. I ended up saying some really unusual things that I should have just kept to myself--I think I scared him---but I'm not going to get into that. ;)

Anyway, I tried to go back and visit a co-worker who sat next to me and my ex-boss gave me a really bad snub that seemed to be obvious to everyone. It was really embarassing and before I started taking medication I would obsess about this when I was trying to sleep. This happened 8 years ago but I'll never get to fix that moment and I'll always be a freak in his eyes... but whatever..The crazy girl from my past will never die, even though I have changed.

I don't bother with church, but I listen to Alistair Begg on the radio every morning which is enough for me. I've had too many bad experiences with church.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 10:15 pm

This wasn't a real church but a showy one with a lot of hype. Anyway, he often made promises to help me get back on my feet and never did them. For instance, he often walked by me when as if I didn't exist when he made promises for that day. He had also washed his hands of my whole situation and then kicked me off the property and tried to turn me over to the State.

I mean,once I moved, he never sent me any e-mails or asked me how I was doing or anything after I left and moved to another part of the country.

So, maybe it's good that he didn't add me after all and especially what he decided to pull on me in 2003.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:17 am

You're right; it probably is a good thing. Sometimes you just have to move on.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 7:22 pm

Why on earth would you want to friend someone like that?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:03 am

I feel that I get attached to people, even if they change and show their true colors.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

29 Dec 2009, 5:22 am

just because he works with ppl with disabilities does not mean he is a swell guy. I knew a specail ed teacher who molested and fondled some of the girls in his class. He tried to get funky with me and I ducked and ran. There was a partial investigation..but he was let off the hook because the judge was "prejuduced"
Anyway, heads rolled about 6 years later when the new superintendent found out and made the specail ed coornator quit when he found out she protected the creep.

Anyway...avoid this preacher man like the bubonic plauge. When what he says and what he does are 2 totally different things...you have a hiprocrit. And a hyprocritical preacher is usually an ego maniac.

Leave him alone...he will only hurt you further. It is not your fault that he betrayed you, but remember this old saying. Hurt me once...shame on (him), hurt me twice...shame on me
In other words, dont give him a second chance to hurt you because he already proved who he was.