Feeling like a Full-Blooded member of your Family.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2006, 9:15 am

Since the Summer of 1987, when I was being told by my Parents, not to talk through my Nose, I've had a feeling, deep in my Heart that maybe I might have been adopted. I've first came to the conclusion by thinking about how I was obsessed with London Traffic and Landmarks, since I was Five. Than came to the conclusion that a decendant from a Bloodline that was Scottish and French couldn't possibly speak with a Cockney Accent that morphs into a BBC Accent, while their reading the "Proper Word printed on paper." Than I've also come to the conclusion that somebody of strictly French and Scottish Blood, couldn't have cravings for Tea and especially between 2 and 4:30 in the Afternoon. I was convinced that I was adopted, until I've heard that my Great Grandma Munro's madien name was Cousins, which is a very English name. I also hear my Mom speak of her Aunt Beanie from England, which she's never really done, before, and her Grandpa Powers. I've looked up the Powers name, and found that it's predominatley English, but could also be Irish. Since my Mother's Aunt Beanie was English, that means that her Grandpa Powers was also English. Now I have the answers to the reasons for my Differences, within the dynamics of my current Family Composistion. I'm now talking myself out of thinking that I was giving up for adoption by a destitute East London couple.