Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hansie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2010, 4:52 am

I took a big risk this year and invited my co-workers and friends out to celebrate my birthday. I have always been quite at work and stuck with my close group of friends. I didn't really say much at work or interact with my coworkers much but this year I decided I wanted to have a party for my birthday. Well the party is today and I didn't expect nearly everyone to say yes.

I never knew they liked me or at least didn't know me well enough to hate me.

I am super nervous and off to try something new. Wish me luck because I have never planned an event for 32 people before.

Has anyone ever planned a party like this before? How did it work out for you?

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 6:30 am

Good luck!! And happy birthday :D I admire you, I wouldn't be able to throw such a party. For me it is too difficult to have any guest at home at all :oops:

Hansie

19 Mar 2010, 3:13 pm

It was tough throwing a party like that. I sent the invite by email so I didn't have to talk to people. It turned out well even if I was very awkward trying to give toasts. I wish I had taken a class on how to give toasts/tell stories/ being good host before I did this. The local Asperger's suport group never taught me these things

I was little surprised when someone said, "he is rocking the Asperger's" I had never mentioned I had it to anyone I worked with so I don't know where he got it from. I'm not sure if I have been 'outed' at work or not. Maybe it was an educated guess or a rumor but I hope it was just a joke. I like being the quiet guy in the office.