Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

netsavy006
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2010, 4:43 pm

I'm just curious to the facebook users on this forum, have you ever added a friend or made a friend request to someone you didn't know. If so, how did it work out? Did it just remain an online friendship, or did it develop futher? (meaning met in person)...

Also if you wanted to add someone on facebook that you don't know, how would you find someone who is listed "around" your age? (if that's possible)

Thanks,
Andy...

Skyjester
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

Almost all my FB friends are people who play the same FB games that I do. I have a couple who I went to high school with, but they invited me. I have one friend from 10 years ago that I invited, we haven't spoken, but he accepted. My last friend is a family member.

I know of many other people I'd like to add, but I too, am uncertain how they might react to my invitation.

I would suspect that the appropriate way to add a stranger, would be to send them a message first explaining why you want to friend them (for example what specific interests or things they are posted that makes you interested in them). I'm not sure you can browse people by age groups, since more of the search options focus on schools and work. You could always just pick a random school and give it a graduation year in your age range. That's about the only way I think you could do that.

And if anyone wants to encourage me to invite people I've known from the past, please don't hesitate. :D

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 9:06 pm

I only friend people & have met or groups made by friends that have their own page & even their pets :lol:

Robert_Darkwinters
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm

All my FB friends are people I have met and known in person.

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

I only add people I "know"...even if I've only met them once. It's up to them if they want to accept...I'm not really bothered.

A few strangers have tried adding me in the past...it's really irritating. I get excited that I've got a friend request and it ends up being some random. Don't like.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:16 pm

I tend to avoid adding frineds. They are far inadequate to friends.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2010, 5:19 pm

I usually only add people if I know them. Facebook alone has not led to closer friendships for me, but it has been another means of communicating and keeping up with the people that are in my life.

Strangely, but not surprisingly, the people I talk to the most on Facebook are the people that either have some type of a friendship/acquaintanceship with in real life, or people that I was close to at one moment in my life.

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jun 2010, 10:49 pm

It's up to you what you want to do. With an old account, I added friends, acquaintances, everyone just about, and even peopel I didn't know that seemed interesting. It got to the point where that account got permanently deleted. It's better to do that kind of stuff on myspace, lol. Now I have a new account and I don't add a lot of strangers all at once, or that will probably happen again.