People who post pictures of themselves on Facebook

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

starquake
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Actually, for a long time my only picture in FB was some drawing that resembled me. But now I've started to upload some pictures (and now I have many), just because I wish to look more NT'ish. But I'm afraid my images are still not that entertaining :D

kwilky
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2010, 5:44 pm

I don't really care. I have 11 facebook friends and if they wanna post pictures then they can. It'd probably annoy me if I had 500+ friends and I saw a new picture of someone barfing at a party every day.

I only have 2 pictures up. One of my birds and one of me.

_D3
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2010, 3:02 pm

I like to take photos and post them on FB. Certainly not everyday though... maybe one or two a week. They're seldom of me though; most likely of a shot I've taken that I like (snails, flowers, sunsets, raindrops, landmarks etc.)...
I'm not really one to communicate in text to no-one about nothing in particular (you know the "I'm here doing this... lolz kthxbai" post).

I do like sharing my little artistic creations though. It also lets people know I'm alive since I am otherwise non-communicative (which upsets some people for some reason).

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 3:52 pm

I've never been able to post pictures of myself. It feels.. wrong. I don't know why.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

I never have the opportunity for photos of me to be taken (apart from silly family things). And, I'm not going to do those silly 100 different poses in one session thing. So yeah, I hate the whole photo thing. People go out now on a mission to get as hammered as possible, ensuring all the evidence is there in photos. Stupid. Despite this, I am still jealous of the type of people who do it. Not the action, the socially active.

starquake
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2010, 4:26 am

AS : faking NT = 1 : 0

(I've just deleted all my "friends" and pictures on FB)

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 3:08 pm

starquake wrote:
AS : faking NT = 1 : 0

(I've just deleted all my "friends" and pictures on FB)

Congrats!! 8)

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

28 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

I, for one, am still holding down the fort at Myspace.

Facebook was always extremely boring to me....page after page of silent whiteness.
I don't get the appeal.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 2:56 pm

I think that they just want to show off, to their friends. They also have nothing better to do. I bet that if those people were unemployed, they'd be spending all day on Facebook.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 7:39 pm

That's just how facebook is. Some of my friends are snap happy and take pictures of every single social event that they go to. I get tagged in quite a few photos so I've built up an impressive collection, but only a very small percentage of my facebook photos are ones which I took myself. I find more funny than anything that some of my friends have over 6,000 facebook photos...

Darklinggirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2010, 9:23 am

I have a Facebook account with about two hundred nt and as friends. I love looking at their photos, and have put up a few of my own. My own pic tho is a cartoon. I dont like my photo being taken much. I prefer to post images of things that interest me or photography ive done.
I do like FB tho. If i get isolated and dont leave the house, i always have my computer friends, mostly also aspie, to get through stuff with. Its not like being in a cafe or bar with someone, but if you find face to face difficult, it can be a good way of getting conversation skills under your belt.
Or maybe its just me....

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

the 365 project!! !
haha everybody does that in my friends list!! !
but i dont my life isnt that exciting haha

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

i just take photos of my vacations and of myself and my dog.

They say you should watch what photos you upload and what you put on your wall, because potential college recruiters and employers use Facebook to determine who they admit or hire, respectively.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Darklinggirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2010, 5:17 am

I have increased my privacy settings so that only my friends can look at that kind of information. I don't like the idea of just anybody looking at me and my daily ramblings. :)

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2011, 6:17 pm

The last message for this thread was posted in August 2010. I just have to resurrect it.

For a very long time I have been wondering how to people have so many photos of themselves in so many activities. I have a few pictures from the last day at my wonderful job with the circus. The number of photos on some Facebook pages are truly amazing. But what do I know about situations like this I'm an Aspie. Just wish I could figure out if these people ever go anywhere alone, or do they always bring someone with them to be sure they will have a photographer.

I'm serious about this. When I was working I brought this subject up to 3 women. I just had a strong feeling that the person I was speaking of would probably be insulted if she heard my question so I said to them that I wondered if this conversation would get back to her. Someone actually said something! Who ever it was who did it definitely has a pair of balls hidden some place.

After I was laid off from the job I called the mother of this individual with all the photos. The last time we spoke she said to me "Oh, Anne's here" and hung up on me. Wow! Would you ever think that someone could get that insulted over a thing like that? Another reason for me posting that thread on empathy.

Thanks everyone for reading this. I feel pretty good to know that there are actually others walking this planet who have some of the same problems as myself. I don't feel as alone. :D

irene
irene

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:54 pm

People always love taking and collecting photos of their friends. Not me though. I tried doing a little a bit of this myself but it was always rather awkward. I'd rather take photos of places or things instead and post those.

Besides, with employers and others becoming so invasive of people's social networking, I dont know why so many people still continue to take that kind of risk.