need some advice concerning an online-friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

fallen_angel
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2011, 2:49 am

Hi there,

I have a problem with an online friend. We met last year in real life and after we were talking from time to time on msn or skype. We only were talking about superficial things and such convos give me nothing. We've grown apart.
Now he somehow remembers me and spams my wall on facebook with assumptions and wrong conclusions. He thinks I'm doing not good just because I'm absent in chats but I'm online every day. I just need time for myself and to reatreat; I can't tell him about my autism because he wouldn't understand and due to some disappointments I hardly trust people. I offered him to message me to stay in contact but things turn out weird now. He sees everything as a rejection and takes it personally... any advices?
Actually I wanted to ask him if we can meet when I'm again in his country. Now I don't know if I should.

fallen_angel
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2011, 6:16 am

Maybe it's my fault somehow. As they pulled away I didn't keep them and the more time passed the less I dare to start a convo again. Communication is really complicated.

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

As you wrote, the convos give you nothing. Why endure an unsatisfying exchange if you don't have to?

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Are you already hiding his updates from your Facebook news feed? Maybe after a while when he's not sending you messages, block him, so he can't see you on Facebook at all and you can't see him.

random_confusion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2011, 4:52 pm

If your gut is telling you not to meet him, don't. He's already making you feel uncomfortable.

You don't have to mention your autism- have you ever just said "I don't always feel like going on chat?" If he takes everything personally and as rejection I'd just delete him.. it sucks to have to worry about someone's feelings but after a while with a person like that everything turns into an argument.