anyone feel like they can't make friends with religiousgirls

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

majesticebony13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 5

17 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

i feel like i can never make friends with religious(chrisitan) girls because they all end up not wanting to have anything to do with me btw they better be lucky i'm not suicidal otherwise they would just have a huge burden to carry



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,662
Location: Stendec

17 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

majesticebony13 wrote:
i feel like i can never make friends with religious(chrisitan) girls because they all end up not wanting to have anything to do with me

If you are not as religious as they are, then they will not bother with you.
majesticebony13 wrote:
btw they better be lucky i'm not suicidal otherwise they would just have a huge burden to carry

That is one of the most asinine statements that a person can make, because while they might feel a little guilt, they are just as likely to brush it off as "God's Will". Besides, you'd be dead, which would be even more unlucky for you!

:roll:



majesticebony13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 5

17 Aug 2011, 6:00 pm

sorry it's just that i'm so upset about how they treat me that i ended up saying that



Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,329
Location: The graveyard of discarded toy soldiers.

17 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

Just don't become friends with religious girls.


_________________
'not only has he hacked his intellect away from his feelings, but he has smashed his feelings and his capacity for judgment into smithereens'.


Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,034
Location: Where the wild things wish they were

17 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

I have a certain disdain for religious girls, mainly because they are so pathetic with their general passiveness that I want to puke. That type of damsel in distress like attitude is only going to attract very un-Christian guys, and then they get all jaded and expect sympathy. It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't act like 13 year old brats all the time, or if they didn't tell me to curb my language because they are in the area and they happen to be offended by what I'm saying. I'm sorry, was I talking to you? Are you a part of this conversation? Don't come from across the room and tell me to watch what I'm saying. How about you watch where you step, huh? It's the super-sensitive religious ones that I can't stand, thankfully most religious people aren't like that.



Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2006
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,875
Location: Earth

18 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

I second the previous respondents. It sounds like you're better off making friends with non-religious girls, with religious girls being a true cultural divide for you.



gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,038
Location: Los Angeles

18 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

Mindslave wrote:
I have a certain disdain for religious girls, mainly because they are so pathetic with their general passiveness that I want to puke. That type of damsel in distress like attitude is only going to attract very un-Christian guys, and then they get all jaded and expect sympathy. It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't act like 13 year old brats all the time, or if they didn't tell me to curb my language because they are in the area and they happen to be offended by what I'm saying. I'm sorry, was I talking to you? Are you a part of this conversation? Don't come from across the room and tell me to watch what I'm saying. How about you watch where you step, huh? It's the super-sensitive religious ones that I can't stand, thankfully most religious people aren't like that.


What about religious girls of other faiths?

Just out of curiosity.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


Artros
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jul 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 646
Location: The Netherlands

18 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

I have a muslim friend who is very nice. No explicitly Christian friends, but I don't really rule anything out. You need to get to know someone before you can determine whether or not you can be someone's friend. I don't know any Christian people like the one you describe.


_________________
"Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant. " -Socrates
AQ: 40/50
EQ: 17/50
SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT


Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,034
Location: Where the wild things wish they were

18 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
I have a certain disdain for religious girls, mainly because they are so pathetic with their general passiveness that I want to puke. That type of damsel in distress like attitude is only going to attract very un-Christian guys, and then they get all jaded and expect sympathy. It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't act like 13 year old brats all the time, or if they didn't tell me to curb my language because they are in the area and they happen to be offended by what I'm saying. I'm sorry, was I talking to you? Are you a part of this conversation? Don't come from across the room and tell me to watch what I'm saying. How about you watch where you step, huh? It's the super-sensitive religious ones that I can't stand, thankfully most religious people aren't like that.


What about religious girls of other faiths?

Just out of curiosity.


I have yet to meet religious people of other faiths that have to remind everyone how religious they are. It's not that Christianity is better or worse, it's that society treats Christians differently, so they can get away with acting like that. People that flaunt their values or beliefs are all the same to me, so Christians aren't unique. It's about the stupidity of the value system (how superstitious is it?) combined with the mainstream acceptance and attitudes. So this would include environmentalists, vegetarians, feminists, and political junkies. The scenario about coming from across the room could apply to any of these value systems depending on what I'm talking about. The worst part is that many of these overlap, and some people are all 5!



gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,038
Location: Los Angeles

18 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

Mindslave wrote:
So this would include environmentalists, vegetarians, feminists, and political junkies. The scenario about coming from across the room could apply to any of these value systems depending on what I'm talking about. The worst part is that many of these overlap, and some people are all 5!


Depending on how your define all of them, which would explain whether all of them are how you describe them or not.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


emilieTomorrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 28

18 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Christians girl I knew in school were only christians because their parents were christians. They played a part of being a nice girl but were really mean to everyone. I know christian women now who are pretty decent. They don't preach at me and I like that. We don't talk about religion but I know them at work so it wouldn't really be right to talk about religion there. They wear cross necklaces and talk about going to church or special religious events in regular conversation. I'm not friends with any religious people. I should be thankful I don't have any GOD WARRIORS in my life telling me I'm going to HELL.



Shantih
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

19 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

I myself have found Christian girls to be quite the contrary to how you have just described them as being - most girls at school are quite mean and disrespectful towards me, making fun of how i speak, look, dress, act, and of my social difficulties - it's always been the Christian ones who have been sympathetic, kind and friendly.

Just don't let it influence your entire conception of Christians, as many people would do.



Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,034
Location: Where the wild things wish they were

20 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
So this would include environmentalists, vegetarians, feminists, and political junkies. The scenario about coming from across the room could apply to any of these value systems depending on what I'm talking about. The worst part is that many of these overlap, and some people are all 5!


Depending on how your define all of them, which would explain whether all of them are how you describe them or not.


I mainly just mean the members of those groups who treat it like a religion, (i.e. a fixed value system that doesn't change) those people who feel it is their duty to educate the less fortunate. Of course not all environmentalists are like that, in fact most of them aren't. It's just that the militant ones get noticed more because they are talking more. That illusion applies to every group that has ever existed. I bring those groups up because they are increasing in numbers, and because part of the values of those ideologies revolves around "spreading the word" (hmmmmm...sounds oddly familiar)