Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2010, 1:29 am

About if this girl thinks I'm creepy or friendly now?

Anyway this girl in my History class is stunning...I mean amazing. From the first day I had my eye on her a lot and lately I have been asking stuff like, can someone like me with low self-esteem/confidence get someone like her, etc...

That's not the focus of this post for anyone who knows how often I post about this problem. The focus of this is to give me some feedback on our exchange

------
Well anyway, my History class is at 10am and we had a quiz that we had to take after reading 40 pages of material.

Anyway we have couches outside of the rooms to wall and their were 4, with 2 seats in each one. Not all of them were taken up but I was going over the material when the girl walked through the door to come upstairs and sat next to me and did the same open the book and look it over.

After a few seconds I garnered enough courage to say "Hey how's it going?"

I knew her name, trust me I knew but I didn't feel it would of been comfortable exchanging names, because I'm not really to sure exactly how to approach it.

So she didn't really respond to that so I continued and said, "You ready for the quiz."

She said "I guess" and then seconds later she asked me what I thought the teacher was gonna ask and I listened and added Uh-huh's every now and then and it seemed like it was going smooth.

Then I joked "Who actually reads 40 pages...I just read the conclusion."

To my surprise she actually said she did and said she doesn't really remember much. At the same time she was saying that I said "You don't remember all of that?" So we basically had the same idea and I kinda chuckled it to make it into a joke. When she responded it was just a neutral reaction, no laugh/chuckle back but she nodded her head in agreement.

Anyway that was it...I turned back and looked at my book for another minute and then got up to walk to the room. She stayed and got up a couple minutes later.

What do you think? Did I do a good job on the spot, because I didn't expect to talk to her like that? How can I approach her again? What do I say?

Appreciate any insight, Thanks

LilaAutism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2010, 8:46 am

Hi, I am old and my son never likes my advice but I was one of those popular bubbly cheerleader types in school so I had lots of experience with this..but that was a long time ago. Yes you did good. She was most likely consumed by fear of flunking the test. Perhaps now ask how she did on the test. If bad offer to study with her? If good, ask her if she will read the conclusion first. Talking to the other sex is hard but the more you do it the better you will be at it.

Check out her FB page in advance if you have not already (I know what you can see). Goal being to friend her so you can get to know her interests then you can figure out how to approach a longer conversation.

Wishing you the best