Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

close-talker's (see Here for reference) i can't stand it when people do that.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:19 pm

dwoolridge wrote:
What makes me annoyed is that i will call people and they dont call me back

This is the most painful thing that I experience everyday. It f***ing sucks!

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 5:39 pm

The need to waste huge chunks of time standing around talking about nothing in particular, while we could actually doing something. I hate the wine and cheese affairs after work and the family gatherings where every sits in the same room doing absolutely nothing. Being bored out of your skull seems to be about 90% of social interaction.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 2:11 am

During a movie today, some NT in the same row as me was texting and it made it hard to see the screen. I didn't say anything, but when the movie was over, I didn't get out of my seat...I made it so he and his girlfriend had to make an effort to climb and get past me.....it was my own sublte way of telling the NT off for texting during the movie..I don't think it was that important for him that he couldn't put his phone away during the movie and wait until it was over to text.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 1:14 pm

Tory_canuck wrote:
During a movie today, some NT in the same row as me was texting and it made it hard to see the screen. I didn't say anything, but when the movie was over, I didn't get out of my seat...I made it so he and his girlfriend had to make an effort to climb and get past me.....it was my own sublte way of telling the NT off for texting during the movie..I don't think it was that important for him that he couldn't put his phone away during the movie and wait until it was over to text.

Here here! i hate it when people text during movies, why go to see a movies if you are going to text threw the hole thing

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:51 pm

I hate how people tend to think I'm crazy. Sure, I am a weird guy, I have a strange sense of humor and I don't talk too much with people I don't know. But given some time (generally, a few months, which I understand is a really long time) I will loosen up and people actually start liking and even respecting me.
People should be more open-minded.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:58 pm

People who takl to men and to women in a different fashion. I can't stand being talked to, like a Valley Girl.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2010, 8:45 pm

I have a few, like people saying they'll do something and then not do it. I also can't stand it when I smile or say hello to someone and they don't do anything back. It just ruins my whole day, as small an issue as it seems. It takes a lot of effort for me to be social so when a regular person would rather be rude it makes me mad.

And someone else already mentioned it (deadeyexx), but I get annoyed when people form little groups and have their own little convo's and inside jokes and plan things right in front of you, making you feel invisible.

MeshGearFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2010, 12:51 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I hate how people tend to think I'm crazy. Sure, I am a weird guy, I have a strange sense of humor and I don't talk too much with people I don't know. But given some time (generally, a few months, which I understand is a really long time) I will loosen up and people actually start liking and even respecting me.

Nicely put. Mental illness has the most horrible stigma. Anyone who is thought to be crazy gets no respect. I consider myself smarter than the average bear and I hold down a good job. Yet, whenever I space out in public, people laugh and make comments. No respect.

Yesteday was the worst because it demostrated most of what I annoys me about society. I was reading in the library and I must have spaced out. I came out of it by hearing someone laughing and looking at me. Their "friend" said something like "Man, if I was that crazy..." Rubbish! I think attention deficit is a long way from psychotic. Then I start to think: is that really necessary to make disparaging remarks about other people? My heart always goes out to the homeless. They have no chance in American society for any dignity or respect, especially if people use anything they can to disparage anyone outside their circle.

Anyway, to make this relevant to the post, you can say I hate it most when people make comments about you when walking by. They almost need to do it within earshot to degrade the individual for the sake of the group. Rousseau was right -- man is an awesome creation, but when in society, they act like selfish, compassionless pigs.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 7:39 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:

Mmmhmm. People often mistake me for being mentally ill/ret*d. I was at subway the other day and this chick was making my sandwich and she turns to my mom and says "What does she want on it?"

So I answered for myself (with all the politeness I could muster) that I COULD answer for myself.

I get so tired of being treated like furniture.

Salvatore
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2010, 12:39 am

there are a lot of things that annoy me, especially the human behavior. like when they smile at you and being nice to you then talk about you (in a bad way) behind your back. why can't they just be honest if they don't like someone? no need to be rude too, but there's no need to be nice too (and the talk about you behind your back).

Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Baynes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2010, 9:55 am

For me it's communication in general. When I'm out with people or in public I seldom ever speak unless I have something impotant to say, even when on dates, because I get very very frustrated with trying to verbally communicate. I dislike the idea of "wasted words" (my term for small talk). I don't like talking when I don't have something important to say, and I don't like people talking to me unless they have something important to say.

I think a big part of it is because when I have to talk I have to closely monitor my own speech to make sure I don't slip into a dull, flat monotone (my natural voice) and it is very stressul and tiring to constantly do it.

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2010, 6:35 pm

Everyone laughing when I say something serious, being insulted when I fail to find the least harsh words to describe reality, and peole walking away for me for no reason.

And they say that I have a problem understanding social situations... >>

Obsession: Neuro-psychology, my boyfriend, neurology (stopped denying it).
Illy, I love you. :heart:

Crazy_Ivan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2010, 4:08 am

I hate all social gatherings, too much noise and too many people and people stare at me because apparently I say "INAPPROPRIATE" things. It always ends with me sitting in a corner by myself or leaving early, or both.

Crazy_Ivan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2010, 4:10 am

In the words of Bender from Futurama "Bite my shiny, metal a***!".

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2010, 4:12 am

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
apparently I say "INAPPROPRIATE" things. It always ends with me sitting in a corner by myself or leaving early, or both.

I get this a lot to. or not saying any thing at all when Im "supposed" to.