Tired of everything blowing up in my face with NTs.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tippyswivjacksn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2011, 5:40 pm

Does anyone ever go into something with the best of intentions with an NT and then have it blow up in your face because you feel like YOU were read wrong? I've tried to apologize.
In my mind, I can't let go of any of this, I've been upset about this for hours, to the point that I have a migraine.

Last edited by Tippyswivjacksn on 31 May 2011, 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

kezzieb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2011, 6:24 pm

Do you have migraine pills? Take some if you do that should help you think a little clearer, I hate migraines luckily I don't get them very often.
Also what I would do is just explain to them what you have explained here, maybe they'll understand. If they don't or you already have then I'm not really sure what to suggest. Maybe explain how you don't even know what you supposedly did in the first place. Tell them you haven't been slating them just looking for some advice. Do they know about your AS? If they do then explain it in terms of that.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 3:39 am

All the time. I think that's just the difficulty with dealing with people. Especially if people don't understand AS and how you cant read social signals or understand peoples feelings very well. Ive found that Ive done a lot of things that have been misconstrued by people. Theres been so many problems with me for friendships because Im supposedly insensitive towards the situation or overly sensitive.

While its good for people to know about AS, a lot of times it really doesn't help. People who aren't gonna accept u without knowledge of AS are not likely to accept you with knowing about AS. Telling friends helps when you actually know the person actually does accept you, it helps to complete there knowledge of you. So Id withhold the AS disclosure until you know the person does accept you.