Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Xaisede
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 104
Location: In the middle of bullshit

27 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Break off a conversation with someone who wont stop talking?


_________________
Juggaspie


K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
Location: U.S.

27 Jul 2011, 12:34 pm

1) Back away. Slowly.
2) Tell them your cell battery is dying.
3) Tell them you are feeling ill and need to use the restroom.
4) Tell them they are boring and need to STFU.



johnny421
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 9
Location: San Francisco, CA

27 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm

if you're dealing with one of these non-stop talkers, they are probably used to people just walking away. if they won't shut up when you tell them you have to go, just smile and walk away. :wink:



LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,577

27 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

I've been told that turning your body partially away (your arm facing their chest) and breaking eye contact can give the other person the non verbal hint that you desire to finish the conversation. Crossing your arms across your chest can give a vague hostile hint at times too which can add emphasis to your body language.


_________________
I'm female but I have a boyfriend.
PM's welcome.


K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
Location: U.S.

27 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

LostAlien wrote:
I've been told that turning your body partially away (your arm facing their chest) and breaking eye contact can give the other person the non verbal hint that you desire to finish the conversation. Crossing your arms across your chest can give a vague hostile hint at times too which can add emphasis to your body language.


I do find that this sometimes makes people angry and loud for some reason though.



LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,577

27 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

K-R-X wrote:
LostAlien wrote:
I've been told that turning your body partially away (your arm facing their chest) and breaking eye contact can give the other person the non verbal hint that you desire to finish the conversation. Crossing your arms across your chest can give a vague hostile hint at times too which can add emphasis to your body language.


I do find that this sometimes makes people angry and loud for some reason though.

Ooops, sorry then. I was told this by someone else and haven't had a chance to try it yet.


_________________
I'm female but I have a boyfriend.
PM's welcome.


Xaisede
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 104
Location: In the middle of bullshit

30 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

Thank you all... :D


_________________
Juggaspie


EmmaUK12
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,748
Location: England

30 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Say you need to be somewhere and leave or say you have a headache and need to lie down.



Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,143

30 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

Just tell them your done talking? In a polite way of course. May get some weird reactions sometimes but eh



LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Age: 178
Gender: Female
Posts: 892

30 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

I bet it depends on where your at. So you just gotta kinda wing it.



SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,903

30 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

...and cut. That's a wrap. Let's try that again. This time, you don't have anything to say. Action!


_________________
Remember, all atrocities begin in a sensible place.


chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,823
Location: Hell :)

02 Aug 2011, 11:23 pm

Be annoying... :lol:
*Start talking REALLY fast
*Be awkward in your body language
*Don't look them in the eyes (though apies don't mind this, NT's are ANNOYED)


_________________
Go die in a ditch if you're a b*tch, if you're a jerk, go to work, if you're just mean, flee the scene, and if you're rude, go ahead and intrude because you're probably just like me.


rexirodkc
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19
Location: NC, USA

05 Aug 2011, 1:22 am

K-R-X wrote:
1) Back away. Slowly.

This usually works for me. I have a long-winded uncle who just doesn't know how to be forward and to the point.

K-R-X wrote:
4) Tell them they are boring and need to STFU.

:lol:


_________________
~KC


Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,096
Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

05 Aug 2011, 6:44 am

"I have things to do."

It's never a lie; existing is a thing.


_________________
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I