Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

I am a narcissist! I am always wrapped up in my world. I love/hate myself. It's odd...I have this severe superiority complex. I don't think I'm better than anyone else...I just think I'm smarter than EVERYONE else. Hahaha. It's really amusing! It's not a shallow looks thing, because I put little to no effort into my physical appearance! I just have this odd charisma that seems to charm the socks off everyone I meet. When I'm not charming them, I am wowing them with my well of useless knowledge and sharp eye for detail. People seek me out for advice...it's pretty cool.

I don't use it for evil. I don't try to manipulate others and I never ask people to buy me things or do me favors. (I like experiences better than objects)
I watch movies or read books and the characters can always be bent to suit my circumstances. I am accepting and kind, but I am intolerant of NTs sometimes....I don't mean to be, but I go off on them for being so 1 dimensional when they really ruffle my feathers.

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

Having Asperger's and going to a middle and high school full of primates and promiscuity, I've definitely become a Narcissist.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 7:48 pm

Andoryuu wrote:
Having Asperger's and going to a middle and high school full of primates and promiscuity, I've definitely become a Narcissist.

I can't imagine why. :roll:

I don't believe I'm smarter than everyone else. It's been proven right before my eyes every day of my life in middle and high school. It's a well known and accepted fact.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Haha! I love you guys!! ! I'm an adult, and I surround myself with like-minded individuals. I can't help looking deep into my own eyes in the mirror and seeing thousands of years play out before me. I find that working on mindfulness also helps me ascend into an even higher level of superiority. I can't help it. It's not that I love myself, I just see myself as superior!!

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

gnatterfly wrote:
I am a narcissist! I am always wrapped up in my world.

Me too!
Quote:
I love/hate myself.

You just described my life.
Quote:
It's odd...I have this severe superiority complex. I don't think I'm better than anyone else...I just think I'm smarter than EVERYONE else.

I do NOT think I'm smarter, but I do think I'm more creative, more ingenious.
Quote:
Hahaha. It's really amusing!

Tell it!
Quote:
It's not a shallow looks thing, because I put little to no effort into my physical appearance!

Hmmm, I put effort into my clothes, but I don't wear make-up. I didn't look, are you a boy or girl? If you are a boy....then it doesn't matter.
Quote:
I just have this odd charisma that seems to charm the socks off everyone I meet.

I sometimes have that, but not all the time
Quote:
When I'm not charming them, I am wowing them with my well of useless knowledge and sharp eye for detail.

With me, I'm usually telling them my achievements.
Quote:
People seek me out for advice...it's pretty cool.

They used to for me, but then they realized that I am human and I make mistakes....meh. It was fun being the one that people asked before though, I know the feeling.

Quote:
I don't use it for evil.

8O
Quote:
I don't try to manipulate others and I never ask people to buy me things or do me favors. (I like experiences better than objects)

Now how would you do these things. :chin: Just kidding, I'm apparently manipulative....but I honestly don't try to be.
Quote:
I watch movies or read books and the characters can always be bent to suit my circumstances.

What? :scratch:
Quote:
I am accepting and kind, but I am intolerant of NTs sometimes....I don't mean to be, but I go off on them for being so 1 dimensional when they really ruffle my feathers.

Hmmmm.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

I don't see how you can both have Asperger's syndrome and be highly charismatic.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I don't see how you can both have Asperger's syndrome and be highly charismatic.

Well you can learn some of it.

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

09 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

I used to think other people were obsessed with the media and the social world, so I did think they were inferior, in a way. But I also thought they were superior since they were the ones who could enter conversations with ease and pool their knowledge together to solve problems.

Also, when I started getting and talking to close friends, I realized that they know more than I thought they did, although not in the same subjects I am good at. I think many other people are worth listening to when they're not trying to engage you in small talk.

MC_Hammer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2011, 4:53 pm

I don't think I've ever been a narcissist, but in the past I've tried to puff parts of myself up to try and compensate for my lack of social skills, ending up with an odd sort of superiority/inferiority complex. "who cares if they don't like me, I'm to good for them" sort of thing. Anyway, It didn't do me any good, quite the opposite - if you want people to accept you for your lack of social skills, then you need to accept their imperfections too (although there are plenty of unpleasant people out there who are best avoided). There's a song by The Smiths called 'I know it's over' which I think sums it up:

"If you're so funny
then why are you on your own tonight?
and if you're so clever
if you're so very entertaining
if you're so very good looking
why do you sleep alone tonight?
I know because tonight is just like any other night
that's why you're on your own tonight
with your triumphs and your charms
while they are in each other's arms"

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

SammichEater wrote:
Andoryuu wrote:

I can't imagine why. :roll:

I don't believe I'm smarter than everyone else. It's been proven right before my eyes every day of my life in middle and high school. It's a well known and accepted fact.

Exactly!! lol

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

Yes, almost exactly what the OP is saying.
I used to think I was smartest, but only because I was. Not anymore though, so I'm not joining your club. :cry:
One of my definitions of smart is being able to robustly recall and recount personal life experiences related to the subject at hand while interlacing it with another person's statements. I re-live every experience I recall in space and time.