Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dione
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

Sharkgirl wrote:
Unfortunately fashion dictates that sunglasses should not be worn indoors or at night time.

Unless you're a Blues Brother, then it's okay.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 10:59 am

sometimes you can; if i got a truly bad day; i will wear sunglasses inside, no matter what others say

Shantih
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

I have such difficulties with the majority of people I come into contact with, especially girls, though.

d510g1c
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Sharkgirl wrote:
Eye contact is such a variable thing, i have good days and bad days. I think it mostly has to do with my levels of anxiety and the intensity of the emotional situation. I wonder if when i have bad days how bad my attempts actually are, I cringe to think about what it would look like if i was to video record myself - staring is not a great option, neither is looking somewhere else on someones face, (i practiced this with my daughter) the least obvious place to look is between the 2 eyes. I usually opt for a few seconds of eye contact followed by looking elsewhere for a few more seconds and repeat. Also i do the close my eyes thing for the extra long blink - that probably looks weird too. When its all too much you just have to carry on and do the best that you can. Unfortunately fashion dictates that sunglasses should not be worn indoors or at night time.

im actually gonna get some rally dark sunglasses and see if it helps any! i dont really care about people thinking its weird if it makes me more comfortable!

an ASPIE

Burton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2011, 9:25 pm

I have only just recently come to the conclusion that I may be on the spectrum and I have to say how much I appreciate everyone being here and sharing thoughts. I truly thought I was just a freak about these types of things. I had no idea.....

Thanks,

Burton

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 1:34 am

Burton wrote:
Thanks,

Burton

Tim??? :D