People who post pictures of themselves on Facebook

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:22 am

Does it annoy anyone besides me that people post pictures of everything they do on facebook to show off to other people?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:25 am

Yup. This was one of the reasons for deleting my account, in fact.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:48 am

I hate people who post photo's excessively about they their day to day activities or go on about them on twitter, but it is nice to see photo's of events like weddings and stuff. Having social anxiety means I don't go out much so sometimes I like seeing photo's from events my friends and family go to. A lot of my friends are very artistic and post some beautiful landscape photo's when they go on trips. Sometimes I can get really jealous, but at the same time I realize my difficulties.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 4:18 am

Depends. If they are organized like say 20 pictures at the beach in an album I don't mind. If it's 400 pictures of them just dumped in one place you have to wonder who they expect to look at all of them.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 6:34 am

Yes, people and their pictures are totally ruining my life.
I don't just ignore them and play the games, I stay there staring at their show-offish photos, until steam comes from my ears.
:lol:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 3:03 am

Who cares. That's what facebook is for.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 4:53 am

Yes but it depends.

I sometimes feel alone because I don't really have an exciting life and there aren't very many pics of myself, plus I'm not comfortable in front of the camera. Facebook sometimes feels like one of those high school groups you run into. It's subliminal but you feel like there's a bit of a competition going on with other people. That's why I'm more comfortable being friends with people whom I know real well on the internet or real life. I hate people who just go on there to get a vote for something or want me to join them in some kind of a cause.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

No. I have posted pictures of my own honeymoon and wedding and other pictures of myself when I went to Spokane, and misc. pictures. I plan on posting my pregnancy pictures too and my baby's pictures when I have one.

People have the option to look at my pictures. For a while I couldn't even look at pictures from my old school mates because they had pictures of their kids and babies and it made me sad after I lost mine.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

League_Girl wrote:
People have the option to look at my pictures. For a while I couldn't even look at pictures from my old school mates because they had pictures of their kids and babies and it made me sad after I lost mine.

That's always a bummer. Can't say I relate from a kids standpoint but when everyone you know has everything you want and you don't (like maybe the girl you wanted all through out middle school who told you you weren't her type until you moved away and called her) it tends to be enough to make you want to punch glass.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 2:31 pm

no not really, if i don't want to see i just don't look plan simple.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2010, 10:04 pm

I get annoyed by those people who post pictures at every opportunity. There is time and place for photos in my opinion and some people just go to the extreme. I've seen girls take photos of themselves on the toilet while drunk that made me delete them. Ugh.

Lynit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2010, 10:19 pm

It just annoys me when it's taken to excess. People should be allowed to do what they want. Just not to extremes.

There was this one guy I knew who took 200 photos a day. It was part of some project.
A good portion of the pictures were just himself ><

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2010, 11:57 pm

Often times pictures give me a hint of jealousy my life isn't as fun or productive.

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:47 am

That's what facebook was specifically designed for, so no it does not annoy me.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 9:59 am

Social network sites in general annoy me and I'm so sick of hearing about them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:23 am

I don't mind if they're of an event, and they're properly organized into an album. The ones that bother me are the people that take pics with their phone as they go about everyday life, and post them for no apparent reason. I have a person (who I am seriously considering hiding her posts)on my page that does this. She takes pictures of her breakfast, of her walk, her gym bag... everything! It does annoy me.