Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

I was reminded of this, pretty much sums up what i see when i see normal people with "only" 20 or so friends that claim to be loners:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA19DJ5Onto[/youtube]

(The experiment in that episode was very intresting btw.. wondering if it would work).

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 12:12 am

I am very outgoing when placed into a social situation, but when I am not directly around people, I hide away and become an extreme introvert. People end up becoming frustrated as I don't keep in touch as often as I would like, but the reality is that I just need a lot of alone time.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2011, 5:21 pm

I just registerd because I felt lonely. The weird part is that I only feel lonely when I see others having a blast with others. I get jellous about their obvious connection to one another. I want that carefree and instant connection too.

When I do have my one and only friend over I sometimes get so frustrated and irritated by her just because she's there. I just can't get a grip on what I am feeling. I want to socialice but at the same time I want to continue the boring thing I just did when she dropped by unanounced. :?

In big crowds I tend to melt into the background and become on of the furniture.
Hi I am a chair. Come and sit on me. Just beeing ironic. :lol:
One side of me just wants to sit and listen in on what everyone else says. Watch and lern.
While the other side of me wants to make jokes and yeah make a fool of myself just to hear a laughter.
When everything takes part inside me, this obvious fight over which side shall take charge, the whole subject of the conversation could have change. Or I just haven't figured out where and in which conversation-pause I can make my input.

I'm tired of myself today.
And sorry for the bad spelling. I haven't written this much in english since I went to school. And that's about seven years ago. :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 5:57 pm

^^^
welcome to our club, Mad Jessie :)
and your english is fine. 8)

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2011, 6:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
welcome to our club, Mad Jessie :)
and your english is fine. 8)

Thank you. English are my second language too.

That made my heart warm. I think I can go to bed now. The clock are after midnight after all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

^^^
god natt, vän :)

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

Oh I didn't expect to see swedish in a place like this.

God natt. Du med.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

I like being a loner as well.

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

I'm a loaner and for the most part, I like it. :)

Sometimes I wish I had a S/O and some friends though, but most of the time I like being a loaner.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:17 am

Mad_Jessie wrote:
I just registerd because I felt lonely. The weird part is that I only feel lonely when I see others having a blast with others. I get jellous about their obvious connection to one another. I want that carefree and instant connection too.

When I do have my one and only friend over I sometimes get so frustrated and irritated by her just because she's there. I just can't get a grip on what I am feeling. I want to socialice but at the same time I want to continue the boring thing I just did when she dropped by unanounced. :?

In big crowds I tend to melt into the background and become on of the furniture.
Hi I am a chair. Come and sit on me. Just beeing ironic. :lol:
One side of me just wants to sit and listen in on what everyone else says. Watch and lern.
While the other side of me wants to make jokes and yeah make a fool of myself just to hear a laughter.
When everything takes part inside me, this obvious fight over which side shall take charge, the whole subject of the conversation could have change. Or I just haven't figured out where and in which conversation-pause I can make my input.

I'm tired of myself today.
And sorry for the bad spelling. I haven't written this much in english since I went to school. And that's about seven years ago. :P

i can relate well with this......actually we are so acquainted with aloneness that company makes us feel disgust.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:33 am

Mad_Jessie wrote:
Oh I didn't expect to see swedish in a place like this.

God natt. Du med.

Nej, det finns inga Svenskar här, han fejkar det bara :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

Jag bara försöker få honom att känna sig mer "hemma."

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

Hahahaha. Well I'm a n00b. What did you expect?

Jag förväntar mig alltid mindre av folk än vad de presterar.

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

You are alienating most of the forum when you speak swedish.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Phipe wrote:
You are alienating most of the forum when you speak swedish.

http://translate.google.com/

There. Now everyone can read what an unexiting conversation it was.

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

I've always been a loner, until I discovered drinking at the age of 15. I guess you can say I self-medicated and for a long time I hung out at parties, clubs, bars and met a lot of people. I don't drink much anymore, so I don't go out as much but if I do I prefer to hang out with my closest friends. It was nice meeting lots of people because I've always wanted to do that, but now I'm back to my old self, and I could care less. I'm a lone wolf and I only hang out with those who will understand me (fellow Aspies) ^_^