Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sunquan8094
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2011, 10:03 pm

Gosh, I feel like waiting takes up most of my time...

Whenever I'm in lines, people in front of me take very long to do what they have to do. For instance, they try to get as close to the amount they pay as possible without going over. It therefore would probably take time to find coins, which means digging into wallets and pockets for them. Can't you just go over? You'll end up with the same amount left in your wallet/pocket anyway!

Whenever I take standardized tests, I wait for people to arrive and for them to finish. Is this test not important to you or something? Stop making us wait then! Slowpoke, finish already!

Whenever I travel someplace in groups, we always have to wait for the last person, who is usually slow. FASTER!! ! Why are you taking your time?

Whenever I chat with someone on Facebook, I usually wait about 2-5 minutes waiting for an answer. Type faster, will you? I've been waiting too long...

Whenever I'm in class, I have to wait until all questions by classmates are answered by the teacher before the class moves on. You should have been paying attention, or think about your question. It is probably inane.

To summarize, whenever there is a reason for me to wait that I absolutely cannot accept, I will be angry inside. I almost refuse to be patient. Can anybody help?

Thirteenth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

Whenever impatience is getting to me, i try to focus on something specific, and only that specific thing. I like to count a fibonacci sequence at those times; requires enough attention to zone, but not enough to forget what i'm supposed to be doing. Not sure if this helped, but maybe you can find your own zoning mechanism.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2011, 4:17 am

The feeling is mutual. Unfortunate for me, I also have a short temper so when I'm frustrated I'll sometimes be rude and complain loudly and embarrass my mom. When I was young age 9 and under, while she stood in line to pay I'd crawl on the floor looking for loose change under things. Recently I wasn't done filling out a paper when the person asked if I was done and I only had a little bit left, she made us wait 15 minutes. I was enraged and when a different lady came and got us, I gave her a peace of my mind and told her how the better decision would have been for them to suggest I bring it into their office to complete and that they are inconsiderate of the accomodations people in there might need