Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

i often do not complain, but it annoys me when others try to define what is fun, as if its universal. that if they like something, or if many people they know like something, then it must be fun for everyone. and if i dont like it, then "i dont know how to have fun".

your thoughts?

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

your probably right yet there are things that if you would know them better would be more fun. learning to do the things other people find fun could be seen as learning to have fun.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

I've got the same problem with people around me. They treat something as fun and an "escapement", I see it as a serious matter.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

its BS. Just let people be.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

21 Nov 2011, 12:09 am

What you don't like to drink, party, and play football......ZOMG you totally don't know how to have fun

boooooooring!

On a serious note, I am described as either boring or interesting.... :?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:15 am

I don't even consider most things I enjoy fun......my emotions especially the positive ones are rather lacking, so I don't usually get to the point where I actually consider something fun there are things I prefer though. There are very few things I would actually describe as fun, its rare for anything to cause me so much excitement I find it fun.

So yeah a lot of times people take it wrong and get mad at me for not enjoying myself, and I am sure if I told them I don't know how they would think I was being a smart ass....chances are if I am not talking about something that upset/angered me and seem calm I am enjoying myself as much as I can..but they expect smiles, giggling, and more facial expressions or whatever I guess.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

:evil: :evil: I know what you mean if You say you don't like sport very much people will look at you as though you have two heads.
But if you say about something you enjoy they will curl their lip up as if its wrong.
:evil: :evil: :evil: