Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

He says that I'm too seclusive. He didn't actually use that word, which is another problem he has with me. He has a problem with the fact that I talk like a "scholar." And that I'm not that "Out going" or "positive" person he knew back in the summer. I actually just started researching deeper within my interests; as opposed to the stand up comedian, tell-all, listen to pop punk kid I use to be. I just decided to start researching more into economics, drugs and philosophy. Just a few of my new interests. What he fails to realize is that me and him use to work together - in retail, and that's why maybe we don't spend as much time together as we once did. And that isn't one of my strong suits. I've asked him weeks prior to today's quarrel - if he wanted to grab lunch and exchange books. I even suggested we work out together - and since he has so much money, why doesn't he buy an extra controller for his PS3? Or we could go halves on it and I could come over and play NHL.

I asked him where he was deriving all of these facts from, since he hasn't seen me in a month or so. I said "What is it from my tumblr that makes you think I'm not positive?" I was going to a trendy part of town today to grab the book Tweak, sell another book and I was listening to the Beatles. How is that not positive? It sounds like I've got great coping methods. I went to go renew my medicine, I got an interview coming up at a hemp store. I'm going to school soon, and I'm very excited. He said that I'm doing nothing with my life.

Well I hate to break it to you bud, but not all of us do things at the same time. Sometimes we just need some time to find ourselves.

Anyways, I guess my question is of course: Who is wrong, who is right in what regards? I can understand why he would be upset about me being isolated, but I have Aspergers. I told him that. I even send him resources, and share information all over my blog about it. He tells me that I'm being pitiful, and no girl will ever date me if I keep staying like this>

But I think i'm fine. I mean sure, I can't find a girl right now - but whose to say I won't find one five years down the road? Or tommorow even?

He said I'm so fake it makes him sick. I have no idea what he's talking about

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

Well maybe he's projecting his negative traits onto you, sometimes people do that if they have a hard time admitting their own flaws....other then that he sounds like he's kinda being a jerk. Based on what you wrote I can't really see anything you're doing wrong.

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

I give you a hard time about economics sometimes, unintentionally.

But thanks for replying! It's always great to get other people's opinions.