Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 9:09 am

I can't understand why anyone would want to be an emo if it means being depressed or having other negative emotions.
I've seen the people who make an effort to dress that certain emo way and don't understand that either. When I am depressed, I don't like to go out - it takes effort, I don't care how I dress or how my hair is done - it takes effort, I don't go out of my way to listen to certain music or write sad poetry - all that takes effort.

I sencerely hope that those people who may pretend to have depression never truly experience it.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2006, 4:36 pm

Kahazidhea wrote:
My definition of an emo is a attention craving whiner who dresses like a freak and obsesses over trivial problems to the point of where they're just an unbearable nuisance.

Sounds like an NT's definition of an Aspie.

Do Unto Others.....

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2006, 4:49 am

I don't know how I dress.

At one point I used to wear a trenchcoat, boots, etc, so I was called goth, but I just thought I looked scary.

I've hurt myself heaps, and others (though others wasn't intentional its still my fault)

I assumed "emo" meant to "emote" problems?

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2006, 5:12 am

Scintillate wrote:
I don't know how I dress.

At one point I used to wear a trenchcoat, boots, etc, so I was called goth, but I just thought I looked scary.

I've hurt myself heaps, and others (though others wasn't intentional its still my fault)

I assumed "emo" meant to "emote" problems?

I've heard it is short for "emotional". Can anyone confirm?