Regional Meetup & Networking Thread Index

Page 7 of 12 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 4:11 pm

Umm... I did go to the museum today. It was crowded so I only stayed there for about an hour.
They've set up an ice rink and a carousel outside the museum. It was quite romantic. Maybe not a good place to go alone lol

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm

CharityFunDay wrote:
By the way JanuaryMan, who's that in your avatar? He mighty sexy.
If you mean now? It's Rutger Hauer in his Blade Runner days. If you meant before, that would have been me :lol:

Yuzu wrote:
Umm... I did go to the museum today. It was crowded so I only stayed there for about an hour.
They've set up an ice rink and a carousel outside the museum. It was quite romantic. Maybe not a good place to go alone lol
Really? Yes probably better for a group than a lone visitor in that case. Hope you had fun anyways, and maybe another time!

With December usually being a mad rush for everyone..who's up for a meet in Jan/Feb? :)

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 4:01 pm

Yuzu wrote:

Oh you are in the UK? For some reason I thought you were in the US. How weird. I wish I could have come! But the work has become mad again this month. Sounds too busy though although I love ice skating! Does anyone have small children we could borrow to go skating with? :D It will have to be January now.. :(

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 6:23 pm

leafplant wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

Oh you are in the UK? For some reason I thought you were in the US. How weird. I wish I could have come! But the work has become mad again this month. Sounds too busy though although I love ice skating! Does anyone have small children we could borrow to go skating with? :D It will have to be January now.. :(

No, I live in the US. I just happened to be in London for work. I'm back in the US now.
I might be able to go to London again in the spring. If you guys are going to have a meetup then, I'd like to come. :D

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 2:45 pm

I hope we meet you in spring then!

ratzo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm

Dedalus wrote:
Dublin, Ireland?

Pretty sure there's a group, but I don't know where! :P

I'm in Belfast... close enough!

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 2:40 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
CharityFunDay wrote:
By the way JanuaryMan, who's that in your avatar? He mighty sexy.
If you mean now? It's Rutger Hauer in his Blade Runner days. If you meant before, that would have been me :lol:

I meant the b/w pic of the guy with the eyepatch. I suspect you're having me on...

georgewilson
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2013, 1:56 pm

It's in the tri-state area (where Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin meet), kind of a backwater but a nice college town it's pretty cheap to live in, and til I go to grad school it's home. Car's a beater but in good condition, trying to get back to full-time after a meltdown sent me to part-time and just want to meet some people. The group in Iowa City that I sent an e-mail to the leader of never returned my calls, so I'm wondering if there's anything in Wisconsin maybe I could go to instead, or Rockford, or somewhere else.

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:13 pm

Anyone from Hatfield :D Or anyone from Hertfordshire University! Ive noticed people who I am certain are on the spectrum (un/diagnosed) and im wondering if any frequent this board

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm

Anyone from Hatfield :D Or anyone from Hertfordshire University! Ive noticed people who I am certain are on the spectrum (un/diagnosed) and im wondering if any frequent this board

Katniss
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Dec 2013, 6:44 pm

I don't find any local groups for adult Aspie's in my area. What I have found is a Social Club affiliated with a mental health clinic. The Social Club provides a psycho-social rehabilitation program for adults recovering from the persistent effects of psychiatric illness. It's a drop-in center open weekdays from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm.

They have a varied, wide schedule of daily groups like beading and art, counseling, field trips, etc. I'm actually interested in dropping in and attending groups and trying to make friends.

My question is this: Do you think the groups are appropriate for Aspies? I guess I'm in denial and I question my own level of functioning. I don't know if I'd fit in. Are those groups for people like me? Or am I one of them (but I don't know it). All these questions, the second guessing myself, makes me afraid to go before I've even left my house LOL.

I'm seeking friends to play games with on YIM, and maybe chat if we're comfortable. If not, that's ok too!
No pressure. Just games.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 12:09 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5814510.html#5814510

no meetups for our area makes me sad, give me a reason to travel dammit! look at the thread, do things, go places, meet people!

Ryan1992
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2014, 5:14 am

Anyone in or around the Manchester (North-West England) area? I'm sure there must be.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm

Posted this before not much luck but I'm Northern MS/Memphis area anyone want to hang out?

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

I am trying out for jeopardy tomorrow online. If I pass the test, I might be coming to your area some time soon for an audition. I think it would be cool to meet another aspie in person.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:13 pm

Sure why not