Saturday 24th 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Sunday 25th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Saturday 31st 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 29

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

me too - i'd be interested in coming. i came to one of your london meet ups a few years ago. i have got a proper AS diagnosis since then and everything :)

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 10:40 am

sepia wrote:
me too - i'd be interested in coming. i came to one of your london meet ups a few years ago. i have got a proper AS diagnosis since then and everything :)

It wouldn't have been a meetup I organised. This is the second one I've done. Ha you're welcome to come though of course. :)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

shartora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2012, 12:58 pm

So far it's the first 2 saturdays in the month that are favourites. It's a bit of a hike from York, but I ought to be able to make it. Would need to see closer to the date. Why is nothing happening in Birmingham? Much more central.

So the neurologist was correct.

ASPiXiE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

I think this one is already booked for March 10th in London, but I'd definitely be interested in going to York or Birmingham later in the year if one of those is organised! I love York in particular =D

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

shartora wrote:
So far it's the first 2 saturdays in the month that are favourites. It's a bit of a hike from York, but I ought to be able to make it. Would need to see closer to the date. Why is nothing happening in Birmingham? Much more central.

Like I said previously the date has now been set as the 10th of March so please don't vote anymore on the poll. :)
Oh and I have no idea why no meet is happening in Birmingham though I'm guessing it's because no one is able to organise one there.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

Here is the plan for the day:

Saturday 10th March

10:45 am meet. I won't be waiting around ages for latecomers as it's not fair on anyone else really. So 15 minutes is fair. If anything people coming should have my number so I can say we we are.

11am - 1pm = Science Museum

1pm - A short break

1:30 - 3:30pm = Natural History Museum

After this anyone who wants can come along to a pub. There are a few in the Waterloo area that I know of. There's no specific organisation when it comes to this. It's pretty much after the museum do what you like. :)
Also if anyone who did not join the event on FB please PM me so I have an idea of who is coming. Even if it's just a maybe. Posting on here that you're interested doesn't mean I'm expecting you coming. :P
Oh and I will stress if you don't already know this but it's not like there's a WP meetup staff. This is not perfectly organised. I'm just doing this in my spare time so I can have a good day out with some cool people.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

yeah, i should be along at some point :)

modelmaker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2012, 8:35 am

I'm from Birmingham, but enjoy meet-ups & I've visited London quite often as travelling the tube network fascinates me !
I'd be interested in attending this meet or the next meet.

I intend on spending more than a day in & around London as Chislehurst caves is also one of my faves to visit, so, are there any fair priced guest houses / B&B accomodation in the London area someone could recomend ?

Thanks,
Dave.

Can someone tell me how to apply my signature to my posts ?..., as my pen scratches my PC screen !

PM me anytime for advice, chat or just to say hello.

Anamnesis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm

Very tempted to turn up. However, could you make the time a bit later in the afternoon? (Preferably after 1pm or so)

The reason is pretty simple: I'll be riding a bike from Bristol. :lol:

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

Anamnesis wrote:
Very tempted to turn up. However, could you make the time a bit later in the afternoon? (Preferably after 1pm or so)

The time and date are set now but if you message your number to me or Gem, you can call or text when you arrive and we can meet you somewhere around the museum.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

gemstone123 wrote:
Here is the plan for the day:

Saturday 10th March

10:45 am meet. I won't be waiting around ages for latecomers as it's not fair on anyone else really. So 15 minutes is fair. If anything people coming should have my number so I can say we we are.

11am - 1pm = Science Museum

1pm - A short break

1:30 - 3:30pm = Natural History Museum

After this anyone who wants can come along to a pub. There are a few in the Waterloo area that I know of. There's no specific organisation when it comes to this. It's pretty much after the museum do what you like. :)
Also if anyone who did not join the event on FB please PM me so I have an idea of who is coming. Even if it's just a maybe. Posting on here that you're interested doesn't mean I'm expecting you coming. :P
Oh and I will stress if you don't already know this but it's not like there's a WP meetup staff. This is not perfectly organised. I'm just doing this in my spare time so I can have a good day out with some cool people.

Could you send me the link for the FB group please Gem? I cant come this time as I cant get baby sitting but I will have some during the easter holiday so it would be good to be able to keep track of anything which is happening.

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

I wish there was a meet in scotland, they're always too far away for me. I'm near edinburgh and boy there's not much

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Is this definitely happening? I'm slightly new here, but I'd like to come. Even if I have spent 5 hours solid in the science museum in one day before...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

Hexagon wrote:
Is this definitely happening? I'm slightly new here, but I'd like to come. Even if I have spent 5 hours solid in the science museum in one day before...

I actually thought that due to your username that you are French/from Metropolitan France.

monkees4va wrote:
I wish there was a meet in scotland, they're always too far away for me. I'm near edinburgh and boy there's not much.

Would Northern England be too far? :)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:53 am

Hexagon wrote:

It will definitely happen at the date and time that has been set.

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2012, 7:18 am

Sounds like fun day. I've never been to one of these kind of things before, but I'll try to get there. Not sure how you plan on getting everyone OUT of the Science Museum after just 2 hours though! ;-P