Do you get along better with men or women?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you get along better with men or women?
I am male... and get along better with men 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
I am male... and get along better with women 30%  30%  [ 22 ]
I am female... and get along better with men 33%  33%  [ 24 ]
I am female... and get along better with women 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
I am transgender (male)... and get along better with men 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am transgender (male)... and get along better with women 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am transgender (female)... and get along better with men 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am transgender (female)... and get along better with women 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Both... equality 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 73

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 2:27 pm

Just a little poll I'm curious about. I tend to get along better with men in all situations. This is strange to me, because from what I have read here, most of the guys here say they get along better with women, and feel more accepted by them. What do you think? If you answer the poll, tell me about your experience with that. I added the transgender for a reason. Something I'm testing.

One last thing- please be respectful. :) Think before you post.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

It doesn't really matter to me. If they're cool with me, I'm cool with them.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 2:31 pm

I get along with men and women equally badly. Ive not found any group of people who I did get on with. Ive not got the sort of personality who anyone likes it is the sort of personality that both genders find annoying and unbearable.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2012, 2:57 pm

I get along with men far better than I do with women. I'm still awkward around men, but it's much less pronounced, and I'm far more comfortable and less anxious. I'd blame it on my evil stepmother, but I've never gotten along with girls and women.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

I am female and I get along better with guys.
They do not chit chat as much, and they do not bore me with conversations on clothes and make up and boyfriends.
I know enough about sports and cars to follow guy chit chat. There also seem to be more guys in the hard sciences and maths, so when I talk about those subjects my conversation partner is usually a guy.
Guys also do not care if you are less emotionally expressive.

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

I'm male and get along better with females ... Of just about any age.
I find, despite the stereotype, that men actually do a lot of social chit chat that I just can't make head nor tail of:-$
Sport, cars, clothes, expensive sound systems, what some celebrity woman looks like, money...
All just put me to sleep.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Just a little poll I'm curious about. I tend to get along better with men in all situations. This is strange to me, because from what I have read here, most of the guys here say they get along better with women, and feel more accepted by them. What do you think? If you answer the poll, tell me about your experience with that. I added the transgender for a reason. Something I'm testing.

One last thing- please be respectful. :) Think before you post.

I get along less shittily with women, but they mostly hate me as much as the guys.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

In general I get along with both equally, but often prefer talking to men since women can become "too chatty." Also when traveling I have found that women want to only go shopping and men will go see museums and be interested in seeing historical sites. 8)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:23 pm

Sparx wrote:
It doesn't really matter to me. If they're cool with me, I'm cool with them.

Same here.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

Male, better with female.

I always saw it as a consequence of high school. I was in an all-male private school and was bullied the whole time, so I think it may have had an influence. However, recently, I read... something... somewhere... don't remember, really, and it made a lot of sense that it would be a consequence of Asperger's syndrome. I just don't remember why.

ReindeerRoger
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2012, 12:24 am

I get along differently with men, to LGBTQ people, to women.

I get along a bit less naturally with guys because I'm always self-conscious over the crushes I have on some of them, the precarious attitudes they might have towards my sexuality etc. But in a weird, business-ey, self-conscious way I still get along with them pretty well.

With women, I get along with them more easily. But I occasionally prefer the company of men because they're so entertaining to flirt with/ impress and they are so handsome.

I find a somewhat equal number of guys and girls awesome people that I get along especially well with.

I get along with LBGTQ people mostly better than non LGBTQ people though. As in, lesbians, gay guys, transgendered people, all the other initials etc.

There are social differences between all these environments, so I wouldn't call them 'the same', but I enjoy all of them.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

I like male company though i am a female.
Here in india males and females are not allowed to mingle freely.
But nevertheless i find men dont judge me unlike female who are constantly judging and avoiding me

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

nebrets wrote:
I am female and I get along better with guys.
They do not chit chat as much, and they do not bore me with conversations on clothes and make up and boyfriends.
I know enough about sports and cars to follow guy chit chat. There also seem to be more guys in the hard sciences and maths, so when I talk about those subjects my conversation partner is usually a guy.
Guys also do not care if you are less emotionally expressive.

Interesting, it sounds as if you know enough about guy chit-chat to "put up" with it, and yet you get bored in conversations about clothes, make-up and boyfriends. Why don't you put up with that?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

I'm a guy, I get along better with women. With men, it feels like every interaction is a competition. It just doesn't feel that way with women. And most of the sh***y things that have happened to me were done by men while most of the kindnesses I've received have come from women.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

I'm a man, and I get along much better with men. Women, although the only gender I'm attracted to, seem either extremely hostile or extremely distant to me.
Men, on the other hand, can be hostile, but never sincerely hostile; more in jest than with bad intentions. I think women have done things much worse to me than men, even though I've met very few of them..

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

I would say i get on better with men as i can talk about sports and any other topics also just feel a lot more comfortable with them.