Page 8 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 1:31 am

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Just out of curiosity for the people from the states. Have you been to Toronto before and how long are you staying?

Yes. Me and Scuba both have been to Canada. I was near the Kitchener area, however. I've been to London, Guelph, Waterloo, and a couple other places. I've never been to Toronto, but Scuba has. We're staying for the weekend. :D

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 1:32 am

MathGirl wrote:
Picture of me: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4569413 ... t=#4569413

LostGirl, I'll PM you my cell.

Oh, I might also bring another friend along. Not sure if he'll come or not at this point, but I do hope he shows up. And I won't be bringing any NTs, don't worry. :D

Bringing your boyfriend and a friend? :o The more, the merrier.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:00 am

deltafunction wrote:
Google maps! (I like maps)

Here is the link

Thanks, good idea. Mmm, street meat. Haha

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:01 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
I'm still coming by the way.....sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while. I might be coming with mathgirl. Physical description: I'm a female, I have black curly messy hair and an olive complexion, I'm short and skinny and my face is full of pimples/ scabs from picked at pimples (not so pretty ). :)

Okay that's great!

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:03 am

MathGirl wrote:
Picture of me: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4569413 ... t=#4569413

LostGirl, I'll PM you my cell.

Oh, I might also bring another friend along. Not sure if he'll come or not at this point, but I do hope he shows up. And I won't be bringing any NTs, don't worry. :D

Okay, sounds perfect!

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 5:10 am

I'm really glad I got to meet you all. I'd really like to come to a meetup again; maybe in a quieter area. :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 8:29 am

Yes, I had a good time for sure. I agree we should plan something in a quieter area next time. I'm not that familiar with places around Toronto though so I'll leave that up to the Torontonians. As much as we hate having our pictures taken I still think we should have taken a group shot. :P Also, next time maybe try to make it a whole day thing, I think I spent more time on the train than in the actual meet-up but it was still fun, just too short.

Also for Kin and Scuba, have you considered taking the Via train? It stops right at Union Station and you wouldn't have to worry about driving and parking downtown. I don't know what's cheaper though.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 8:33 am

Also, I had a fun time meeting you guys and would like to stay in touch. If anyone wants to trade Facebook names pm me.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

It was a lot of fun, and thanks to the people who weren't from Toronto for traveling so far to show up. I'd like to connect on Facebook with anyone, so PM me if you want to be added.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I had a good time for sure. I agree we should plan something in a quieter area next time. I'm not that familiar with places around Toronto though so I'll leave that up to the Torontonians. As much as we hate having our pictures taken I still think we should have taken a group shot. :P Also, next time maybe try to make it a whole day thing, I think I spent more time on the train than in the actual meet-up but it was still fun, just too short.

Also for Kin and Scuba, have you considered taking the Via train? It stops right at Union Station and you wouldn't have to worry about driving and parking downtown. I don't know what's cheaper though.

I probably won't be back in New York until December, but we will make plans to come back to Canada and arrange a meetup. Maybe earlier in the day. Hopefully places will be open when we need the to be, haha. :p I didn't really have a chance to get to know everyone, and I was having anxiety from being in the mall, so it will be better if it's a smaller place or at least a place separate from the food court.

We will figure it out; have awhile until I'm back anyway. It was actually much cheaper than anticipated for the cost of parking.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I had a good time for sure. I agree we should plan something in a quieter area next time. I'm not that familiar with places around Toronto though so I'll leave that up to the Torontonians.

Hopefully we're not gonna do it in the Financial District next time!! !

lostgirl1986 wrote:
As much as we hate having our pictures taken I still think we should have taken a group shot. :P Also, next time maybe try to make it a whole day thing, I think I spent more time on the train than in the actual meet-up but it was still fun, just too short.

Oh I wasn't against the picture. I just don't want it on WP :P Either way, you're right - it was amazing and it'd be cool to do it again :)

Then I have done my job

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

Kinme wrote:
lostgirl1986 wrote:

I probably won't be back in New York until December, but we will make plans to come back to Canada and arrange a meetup. Maybe earlier in the day. Hopefully places will be open when we need the to be, haha. :p I didn't really have a chance to get to know everyone, and I was having anxiety from being in the mall, so it will be better if it's a smaller place or at least a place separate from the food court.

We will figure it out; have awhile until I'm back anyway. It was actually much cheaper than anticipated for the cost of parking.

Yeah I get anxiety for crowds as well. When we stopped at the top of the escalator where it was busy when we first came in and I backed away from the crowd, that was too much for me. lol Yeah, I didn't really get to know everyone either but I'm sure we can meet up again.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 10:39 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
lostgirl1986 wrote:

Yeah I get anxiety for crowds as well. When we stopped at the top of the escalator where it was busy when we first came in and I backed away from the crowd, that was too much for me. lol Yeah, I didn't really get to know everyone either but I'm sure we can meet up again.

I can definitely see why. I felt more so when we were in the food court. There was too much going on around us and i felt like I couldn't focus. Same here. I'm sure it will be better next time.

Bellissima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2012, 11:08 pm

Hi I just joined this website. Is there going to be another meetup, since I missed the last one?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 8:49 am

Bellissima wrote:
Hi I just joined this website. Is there going to be another meetup, since I missed the last one?

Well there will definitely be one sometime in the future for sure. So far word is going around for December but we're not sure yet. Everyone can throw out suggestions about where and when.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm

I may be able to come to a future meetup, depending on the date and day of the week.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.