Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Blabcake1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2012, 1:58 pm

I'm new here -- and, admittedly, a boring old NT. I'm doing consumer research a software startup that developed an i-phone app that allows you to send messages enhanced by more than emoticons -- for example, you can converse with people by "throwing tomatoes" at them or "blowing a kiss" to them, and to do so, you must perform the actual physical motions (like blowing on the i-phone)! Check out the app, Blabcake, on Facebook.

So, we (at the startup) were thinking that this app might be especially useful for people on the spectrum, because it allows you to incorporate real physical gestures into your messages without having to enact them physically in a potentially intimidating environment. I'm snooping around Aspie/Autistic message boards, though, because we were wondering whether the app would should be modified to suit the needs/desires of Aspie/Autistic users. The original version of the app includes ways to animate your virtual avatar (who happens to be a berry) to make gestures that symbolize statements like "I'm hungry," or to do things like give your conversational partner a double high-five. Any ideas come to mind about what animations might be particularly appropriate/inappropriate in this context?