Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Johnk
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

I had to get my picture taken for a drivers license renewal and am once again horrified. Something about sitting for that stupid picture sets off that disconnect thing I have and I end up looking.... Well, I have the look my cat has when she's on the litter box.

Does anyone else have this experience?

There was a commercial about future technologies that used to air where someone posed for a id photo and and they could look into a monitor showing their face so they know what the picture will look like. That's what I need....

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2012, 3:31 pm

I just hate having to smile. I can't force a smile for the life of me, something has to genuinely make me laugh or chuckle in order for me to crack a smile. In all my pictures I'm either making a serious face or a smirk.

Johnk
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2012, 3:33 pm

I look worse when I try to smile. Really need a mirror in front of me to make sure I don't look too nuts.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

I look pretty awful in photos, with the occasional exception of the ones I take myself. I just don't know what to do with my face, I'm not great at smiling. I tend to look either blank or insane. In my current passport picture I look a little simple minded, but in my previous one I looked like a serial killer in the making.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

This is the best I can smile on command :D

This is me actually smiling, I don't exactly remember this picture being taken but I MUST have been laughing at something

Johnk
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

That's fine! You look friendly enough, Metalaspie.

I was actually dreading the picture more than the 50 question driving test which I aced, by the way. (I need that fact under my picture. He's okay. He aced the test.)

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 1:04 am

I HATE having my picture taken!! ! There are a few out there that look good, and oddly enough they are the ones where I'm clowning around. It's the ones where I'm having to "pose" that are awful. I had a set of portraits done years ago for my mom. I told the photographer ahead of time how much I hated doing that. He just laughed it off with a "oh, everybody is like that. You'll be OK." But later when he was posing me, he could tell how stiff I was and he said "WOW! You really DO hate this, don't you!?!"

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 1:11 am

my current license picture I look hung over and I have a big red mark on my chest from where my welding hood and jacket did not cover

Siddhi
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2012, 1:31 pm

JohnK said:

Quote:
I was actually dreading the picture more than the 50 question driving test which I aced, by the way.

Ditto that. :-) The only pics of mine that come good are the ones where i dont know they are being taken and the person is someone i am really comfortable with. Others with whom my pics dont come out well have made a point to tell me i dont look good. But i have realised the person taking the pics is not good. Otherwise my pics come so bad that i am looking either angry, depressed or sick. For my most recent pic which turned out well, i actually did not smile. I went in, ignored the photographer when he said smile and let him click. it actually turned out good. :-)