Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


What program whould you prefer for the meet-up?
Natural History Museum 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Victoria and Albert Museum (functional and decorative art pieces) 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Royal Observatory Greenwich 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
British Museum (cultural relics from all over the world) 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Tate Modern (20th and 21th century art) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Guildhall (medieval hall, flags of the City's guilds, art gallery, clock museum) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Royal Air Force Museum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

15 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

LAEMapsie wrote:
Well I went to the natural history museum and couldn't find anyone there.

Gonna check CHandos/the harp

I was just outside the main entrance near or in the half-circle with benches in it from 11:00 to 11:16 than I walked up and down between the fence and the building several times. I'm afraid I've done a mistake not stating clearly that I ment the entrance of the building. I was very disappointed that no one has come. I even cried in the toilet at Chandos. Thank you for trying to come, and forgive me. I'm really sorry we could not meet.

I PMd you my phone number, so if you'd like to meet me in Chandos please send me an SMS, I don't have constant internet connection, and I'm not in the Chandos now.



LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 234

15 Sep 2012, 11:03 am

OJani wrote:
LAEMapsie wrote:
Well I went to the natural history museum and couldn't find anyone there.

Gonna check CHandos/the harp

I was just outside the main entrance near or in the half-circle with benches in it from 11:00 to 11:16 than I walked up and down between the fence and the building several times. I'm afraid I've done a mistake not stating clearly that I ment the entrance of the building. I was very disappointed that no one has come. I even cried in the toilet at Chandos. Thank you for trying to come, and forgive me. I'm really sorry we could not meet.

I PMd you my phone number, so if you'd like to meet me in Chandos please send me an SMS, I don't have constant internet connection, and I'm not in the Chandos now.


I didnt think the turnout would be that bad, I was checking Chandos and Harp as well

Im sorry to hear that OJani, I hope the rest of your trip goes well for you.



dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 148

15 Sep 2012, 11:11 am

I was there. I waited until 10:55 outside then thought perhaps you meant inside the entrance. So I went in and waited until 11:15 but saw no-one of your description come in.

Sorry to have missed you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.



OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

15 Sep 2012, 11:58 am

dunya wrote:
I was there. I waited until 10:55 outside then thought perhaps you meant inside the entrance. So I went in and waited until 11:15 but saw no-one of your description come in.

Sorry to have missed you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. :(

I wasn't inside until 11:32 as the line was so long.



OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

15 Sep 2012, 12:16 pm

To repair it, wouldn't you mind if we would meet tomorrow (Sunday) at the Chandos at 3 pm? You are my guests for a pint. ;)

*** Sunday, 3 pm, Chandos, upstairs*, in the middle section, blue coat and orange backpack beside me ***

(* the way up is from the outside)



dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 148

15 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

I find it hard to make plans in advance because it depends how I feel on the day. I didn't promise for today 'cause I wasn't sure before 9am if I would make the trip.

I hope to be in town to watch the annual Drag Race in Soho at 2pm-ish, so I can probably do 3pm-ish at the Chandos, all being well.



LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 234

16 Sep 2012, 5:27 am

I probably not gonna be able to make it today, hope it goes well.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,330
Location: London

16 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

I can do Monday for an hour maybe. I might seem a bit distant though.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

16 Sep 2012, 9:05 am

OJani wrote:
To repair it, wouldn't you mind if we would meet tomorrow (Sunday) at the Chandos at 3 pm? You are my guests for a pint. ;)


Just one thing - don't buy soft drinks in there - stick to the Old Brewery Bitter! The soft drinks are very expensive.



OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

16 Sep 2012, 12:47 pm

dunya wrote:
I find it hard to make plans in advance because it depends how I feel on the day. I didn't promise for today 'cause I wasn't sure before 9am if I would make the trip.

I hope to be in town to watch the annual Drag Race in Soho at 2pm-ish, so I can probably do 3pm-ish at the Chandos, all being well.

Thank you for coming, I really enjoyed meeting you!



OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

16 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

smudge wrote:
I can do Monday for an hour maybe. I might seem a bit distant though.

Thank you, maybe next time. If I could manage I'd go to the social evening on 20th but it seems I can't.



OJani
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,505
Location: Hungary

16 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

LAEMapsie wrote:
I probably not gonna be able to make it today, hope it goes well.

Maybe next time. Anyway, thank you for your efforts.



gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,196
Location: UK

16 Sep 2012, 1:58 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday. Something else came up and I didn't get time.


_________________
Am usually bored so PMs are welcome!

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,006
Location: Maidstone, UK

16 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

Quote:
Well I went to the natural history museum and couldn't find anyone there.


This was one of the reasons why I didn't want to go. I am prone to panic attacks, and getting trains all the way up to London on a busy Saturday all on my own is enough to make me anxious anyway, and I don't know my way around London anyway, and I was afraid that if I got there I might either end up lost or confused, or nobody might turn up or I might not be able to find anyone there.

The same happened to me last week in a town that was only about 11 or 12 miles away on a regular bus route. I went there to meet up with a friend (who I had known for a few years) and as soon as I got there I found he had text me saying he couldn't make it, so I had to hang about on my own in an unfamiliar place for the next bus. I don't really want that to happen up London, especially after spending a lot of money on train fares to get all the way up there (I may live in Essex but London is still quite far from where I come from, and I don't go there often. I've gone up to London 4 times before with my family, and each time the trains broke down coming back, and the average time it took on the way there was an hour and a half without breaking down).

But anyway I hope it all went well for those who did turn up.


_________________
Female
Aged 30
On antidepressants
Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,330
Location: London

16 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

Joe, I'm in Essex. Maybe we could meet up one day. I'm almost the same age as you, and a girl too.



dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 148

16 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

OJani wrote:
Thank you for coming, I really enjoyed meeting you!


Thank you. It was a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon. I would like to see the best of your Holiday photos when you have had time to process them.
Enjoy the rest of your trip. :)