Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What program whould you prefer for the meet-up?
Natural History Museum 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Victoria and Albert Museum (functional and decorative art pieces) 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Royal Observatory Greenwich 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
British Museum (cultural relics from all over the world) 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Tate Modern (20th and 21th century art) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Guildhall (medieval hall, flags of the City's guilds, art gallery, clock museum) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Royal Air Force Museum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
No disrespect to anyone here, but.....no way!

You wouldn't meet me? (I can't come, but never mind.)

Seriously? You wouldn't want to meet us? Why? You're well-liked here I believe.

Well, just the thought of getting all trains up to London to meet a crowd of strangers really does make me anxious. No disrespect to anyone personally, I'm sure you're all very nice people. Anyway, the same happens everywhere I go, I'm so ridiculously shy that I end up just tagging along meekly behind people. I go to a social meeting locally every week, which is for people who are shy or lack confidence, or even on the spectrum, but I'm still really quiet and shy and don't always get a word in.

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

SabreToothBadger wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

We don't care. :roll:

Sorry I snapped. My mum was a b***h to me earlier and I'm not happy.

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 12:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Well, just the thought of getting all trains up to London to meet a crowd of strangers really does make me anxious. No disrespect to anyone personally, I'm sure you're all very nice people. Anyway, the same happens everywhere I go, I'm so ridiculously shy that I end up just tagging along meekly behind people. I go to a social meeting locally every week, which is for people who are shy or lack confidence, or even on the spectrum, but I'm still really quiet and shy and don't always get a word in.

If you're from Essex, it should be very easy to get up to London.

modelmaker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

With the greatest of respect to you Joe90 , why bother replying to this thread if you're not interested in attending ? ... :?
If there's a meet up in Scotland, should I reply as to announce I wont be going because of the distance factor or any other reason ?

Btw, I would've attended the London meet up in march , but I could'nt as my car had a major mechanical breakdown.

Can someone tell me how to apply my signature to my posts ?..., as my pen scratches my PC screen !

PM me anytime for advice, chat or just to say hello.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

SabreToothBadger wrote:

You would actually be going down to London, not up, from most of Essex. Depending on where she is in Essex, it shouldn't be more than 50 miles or so to London, and that's at the extreme ends of the county. Usually it's less than that, especially in the London satellite towns.

She should spare a thought for me - it's 230 miles to London, or you who has to go 120 miles.

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Tequila wrote:
SabreToothBadger wrote:

You would actually be going down to London, not up, from most of Essex. Depending on where she is in Essex, it shouldn't be more than 50 miles or so to London, and that's at the extreme ends of the county. Usually it's less than that, especially in the London satellite towns.

She should spare a thought for me - it's 230 miles to London, or you who has to go 120 miles.

I agree with all of that. When you come into London from Essex, it's into the north-east bit.

Who has to go 120 miles?

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

modelmaker wrote:
With the greatest of respect to you Joe90 , why bother replying to this thread if you're not interested in attending ? ... :?
If there's a meet up in Scotland, should I reply as to announce I wont be going because of the distance factor or any other reason ?

Btw, I would've attended the London meet up in march , but I could'nt as my car had a major mechanical breakdown.

Yes, I don't get that either. I think it's peoples' way of saying that they still feel they're missing out in some way.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

SabreToothBadger wrote:
Who has to go 120 miles?

Sorry, was referring to modelmaker.

modelmaker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Quote:
Who has to go 120 miles?

Possibly myself - Its about that distance from where I live in Birmingham to central London.

Can someone tell me how to apply my signature to my posts ?..., as my pen scratches my PC screen !

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 1:55 pm

Oh right. You know each other?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

Forget I ever spoke in this thread, sorryyyyy,,,,,,,,,, :doh: :silent:

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Forget I ever spoke in this thread, sorryyyyy,,,,,,,,,, :doh: :silent:

Don't worry about it. It's just that it's kind of like a rejection when people say they're not interested in going. I realise you didn't mean that, though.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 2:49 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Why not? Who holds you back from attending? I, personally, may have been a bit harsh on you in the past and perhaps a bit unsympathetic, but believe me I'm just as socially awkward as I imagine you are. And I don't bite, I promise you most likely non of us coming will. In fact, I kind of like you the way you are. It would be very nice if we could meet in person. It'd be enough to just be yourself, no one will judge you. If so, why care? You are a person too, don't be bothered by other people's faults. Anyway, learn to rebut them, sometimes taking up conflicts is better than retreat.

I see you didn't mean disrespect but it's also true sometimes it's better to just hold back your opinion, for your own good. This way people will respect you more, try and see it for yourself.

modelmaker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

SabreToothBadger wrote:
Oh right. You know each other?

No we dont, my location "Birmingham" is stated under my avatar, username, profile etc, as is Tequillas location "Lancashire".

No worries Joe90, & my appologies if I came accross as a little in-polite :) .
Of course you'd be most welcome if you did change your mind.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:06 pm

modelmaker wrote:
I enjoy occasional visits to London, so I'd like to express my interest as a maybe

As for the poll, I have'nt any particular preferance to any of those listed, but can I suggest adding HMS Belfast to the poll ..., I'm assuming she's still moored up at the usual location on the Thames.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think there are already a bit too many options in the poll, and there's a substantial admission fee. Really, it's not that important where we go, the idea is to get used to each other and seeing something that could be interesting meanwhile. Don't get me wrong, I like ships, and maybe we could visit the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich along with the astronomy stuff.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
What about just going the pub?

...and just have a shot of tequila? :D Sorry for the pun! Yes, you have a point here. I think visiting a museum adds a bit more opportunity to get to know each other, besides, it's fun. It wouldn't be necessary, though, everybody is free to just turn up at the pub.