Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hoyden88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

Seems like when I get a handle of things, something has to give it a twist in the negative.
I had this "friend" I have known for twelve years, which I used to think was good. Though they introduced me to a group of people who have been great for me. Though now my friend tells me that I am creatinh all the drama, because I am answering honestly. It feels like a catch 22.
I feel like I should just stay away from everyone now because I keep messing up.
I am feeling worse day by day and see myself just calling it quits completely.

Any advice?

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:43 pm

Consider it one comment from one individual. Scroll and roll. Please don't get stuck on this one negative thing.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 11:33 pm

Hoyden88 wrote:
Though now my friend tells me that I am creatinh all the drama, because I am answering honestly.

I would question what exactly "drama" looks like, sounds like. Being honest is being honest. How does your "honesty" create drama? Do you even know? If your friend is right, consider this "constructive feedback". If you're having difficulties with social skills and you trust this friend, have this person explain it to you further. Then question yourself. Do you see any truth to what s/he's trying to tell you? Is there a way to "curb" the honesty without changing your personality?

Quote:
Now my friend tells me that I am creatinh all the drama.. I should just stay away from everyone now

What goes around, comes around. If it's ok for you to answer honestly, then it should be ok for this friend to be honest with you. Judging from this quote alone ^^ I can understand the use of "drama". You have taken one feedback and have responded in an extreme way by wanting to stay away from everyone.

Just pointing that out. I'm sure there's more to the story, though.