I am in a melancholia you might understand...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 7:11 am

Same as my Y!A post, not going to talk too much about religion on this post, will later on though.I don't want to talk about that now, just this issue. Thanks a lot guys, i figured you guys would understand more due to most here having AS.
no offense meant to anybody here just need help

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 944AA2VEdr

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:29 am

Can you restate what you are asking in more direct or clear terms?

It's a little hard to understand.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Study other philosophies of the world/religions.
You're bound to find something that makes at least a bit of sense to you.

Quote:
"Reality is reality and whether God exists or not is not up to me and what is..IS, basically, what happens happens"

This sounds like you're very confused. It sounds to me like you don't like the customs/dogma/practices etc of Islam, but you still believe in "God" in some form or another.
Or quite frankly you're just agnostic, I can't answer that question for you.

With such an objective philosophy,, i.e "Whatever happens is going to happen, it plays out through fate/flow/destiny etc." ... I would suggest you look into perhaps Hinduism, or Daoism. The latter being more atheistic, having no anthropomorphic deity.. whereas Hinduism is the belief that all of reality is simply the manifestation of one entity (Brahman/Krishna etc.) playing out 'life' from all perspectives, at least that is my interpretation of it.

I was once where you are, at around the same age too actually, except I was a firm atheist. Just do some reading.. or watch some youtube videos.
Start with this maybe;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB6rhY-551E[/youtube]

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
Study other philosophies of the world/religions.
You're bound to find something that makes at least a bit of sense to you.

Quote:
"Reality is reality and whether God exists or not is not up to me and what is..IS, basically, what happens happens"

This sounds like you're very confused. It sounds to me like you don't like the customs/dogma/practices etc of Islam, but you still believe in "God" in some form or another.
Or quite frankly you're just agnostic, I can't answer that question for you.

With such an objective philosophy,, i.e "Whatever happens is going to happen, it plays out through fate/flow/destiny etc." ... I would suggest you look into perhaps Hinduism, or Daoism. The latter being more atheistic, having no anthropomorphic deity.. whereas Hinduism is the belief that all of reality is simply the manifestation of one entity (Brahman/Krishna etc.) playing out 'life' from all perspectives, at least that is my interpretation of it.

I was once where you are, at around the same age too actually, except I was a firm atheist. Just do some reading.. or watch some youtube videos.
Start with this maybe;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB6rhY-551E[/youtube]

You don't understand,its not about beliefs or religion, I suppose I am not "spiritual", I don't see morality as "real", or purpose, or whatever, but my point is that I can't pay attention to anything worldly, like I feel introverted and small and childlike and its like god or no god,purpose or no purpose, I am human,no? Not that it means anything XD
but you know what I'm saying? Its not like life ends after a change in worldview, its like what happened, happened. Thats it.

I really just want to get out of this rumination and melancholia.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

LOL sounds like you are in existential crisis. Been there :-)

Look, there are lots of ways to figure out who you are/what your purpose in life is/what is the meaning of life/why the f*** can't I stop my brain from all this, but bottom line is...

You may never know.

And you have to find some way of being OK with that. In my opinion, religions try to explain the unexplainable. They try to explain the realm outside the scope of human understanding and convey that limitation and humility to other people. It is to believe in something bigger than oneself. To stop being so myopic because reality doesn't begin and end with the construct or deconstruction of the human organism. It is human's nature to feel way too powerful and significant compared to other creatures and organisms. Religion tries to put some of this into perspective. We can only know what the limits of our brain, our imagination, our senses, and the machines we create, allow us to experience. But reality is so much bigger, and so much more incredible. Movies like The Matrix try but fail to capture this enormity. They make it all into a joke.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
You don't understand,its not about beliefs or religion, I suppose I am not "spiritual", I don't see morality as "real", or purpose, or whatever, but my point is that I can't pay attention to anything worldly, like I feel introverted and small and childlike and its like god or no god,purpose or no purpose, I am human,no? Not that it means anything XD
but you know what I'm saying? Its not like life ends after a change in worldview, its like what happened, happened. Thats it.

I don't believe morality to be a religious question, but I guess that's besides the point.. It seems like you're having a difficult time wording what it is you're feeling (not surprising around here - it's ok :lol: )

You just sound agnostic, and you'd like to just BE, and live your life - which is perfectly fine. You don't need a "religion".. don't get so down about it.

I think you'll be perfectly fine, just don't worry about trying to label yourself so much, not everyone fits into the boxes of this and that religion, I am one of them.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 11:03 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:

I don't believe morality to be a religious question, but I guess that's besides the point.. It seems like you're having a difficult time wording what it is you're feeling (not surprising around here - it's ok :lol: )

You just sound agnostic, and you'd like to just BE, and live your life - which is perfectly fine. You don't need a "religion".. don't get so down about it.

I think you'll be perfectly fine, just don't worry about trying to label yourself so much, not everyone fits into the boxes of this and that religion, I am one of them.

To put it into more perspective, this post is not really about religion, I only talked about it a little bit to put what I am feeling inside into perspective.

Really, what happened was since I moved from Dearborn and got into atheist crowds (only on the internet lolz) from like the music i like and hobbies in general. More like we have similar interest you see, not about beliefs. Then i started thinking about my own beliefs, and became atheist-ish for awhile, but not like I hated Islam, more like I got the understanding that maybe what I feel is not so concrete and perfect. I'd say I was Muslim, just a lot more educated about philosophy.

This was 2 years ago, winter/spring 2011. I basically stopped seriously considering religion for the last two years.

These thoughts basically stayed on the back burner till last spring break, when I had nightmares from watching The Amityville Horror back in the fall. My mom told me to say my prayers to keep like the devil or whatever away...and the rest is history lol.
Yeah, but anyways, this got me thinking a lot about religion, and this was my "offical" deconversion basically, and I kinda had a new worldview now and struggled with identity or whatever.
Problem is, I'm done thinking about it and I've established my feelings, but it won't go away.

Like, you know how as Aspies we complain about life lol? Well thats all gone and I've lost perspective.

Like I feel like a little kid, I'm very introverted and like I'm not in control. I do not feel like a man, you know what I'm saying?

Like I'm being patronized because of how I'm probably coming off, and am very susceptible to being patronized.
Like I sat alone at lunch yesterday and people came and made fun of me. Not usual

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

Basically I am thinking how do I get back to life? Like I still need some money, need to get stronger (Im at a hormone level high for my life and need to make good use), still think about girls/women/relationships/sex,need to stop looking @TnA its so disgusting and perverted, i need to start talking more and developing relationships, probably get involved in some community, just generally have a life you know?