Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 11:18 pm

Can you actually drive the car around town, or are you just stuck with driving to work and back?

John724
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2007, 11:20 pm

Atomika wrote:
Can you actually drive the car around town, or are you just stuck with driving to work and back?

You can drive it in to town. You don't actually contorl it though but its a nice addition.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 11:29 pm

really!I guess your better off taking a cab then. But I've never had that feature so I don't know. It just always bothered me that you could not get your own car in The Sims!

John724

11 Jan 2007, 11:36 pm

Atomika wrote:
really!I guess your better off taking a cab then. But I've never had that feature so I don't know. It just always bothered me that you could not get your own car in The Sims!

Yeah its something they should have had in the original. I dont know why it ook them so long to realize, "Hey this is a good idea."

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 10:42 am

John724 wrote:
Atomika wrote:

Yeah its something they should have had in the original. I dont know why it ook them so long to realize, "Hey this is a good idea."

The cynic in me says they put it off so they could sell it to us via a later version.

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2007, 1:28 pm

I've begun playing a game called 9Dragons. It's an online RPG that allows you to interact with other characters in a martial arts kind of way. It's fun, but when I first began playing I didn't realize what I was doing. I ended up having to start over and make a new character. For anyone playing this only do the following:

1. Train only in the basic staff, then smashing staff attack (it will raise your skill faster)
2. Get lightfoot when you reach Gathering Chi 1
3. Don't buy anything except clothes + staffs, when you leave your village things are insanely expensive.
4. Sell stuff on your way to Losing Self 12, do not waste money.

Anyway that's some of it, the things still in Beta so I don't know what'll cost later, have fun!

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 3:19 pm

Sorry for the long pause, life got in the way...

Anyways, I've never heard of 9Dragons but it sounds interesting. I tend not to play betas because they are always so buggy, but I will play betas that are sequels for games I like.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 9:05 am

Atomika wrote:
life got in the way...

What's that?

Theory
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2007, 10:28 am

Hmm I have never heard of 9Dragons either..

But I do like the Sims :P

I haven't played it in a while, but I have almost every expansion pack for the original, and 2 expansion packs for Sims 2.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 2:02 pm

andy1976uk wrote:
Atomika wrote:
life got in the way...

What's that?

It is a term used by what you call the NT's to generalize all of their priorities and all of the things they do for a living, such as work, kids, bills, etc.

To have "no life" means that you don't do anything other than sit around all day, or to lack responsibilities, or to be pre-occupied with your obsessions.

Theory wrote:
Hmm I have never heard of 9Dragons either..

But I do like the Sims :P

I haven't played it in a while, but I have almost every expansion pack for the original, and 2 expansion packs for Sims 2.

Yeah, I also have every expansion pack for the original, but I don't have any for Sims 2. I like the first one better. The problem with Sims 2 is that your Sim ages too quickly.

Last edited by Atomika on 13 Jan 2007, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 2:11 pm

I edited this one because it was a repeat.

Last edited by Atomika on 13 Jan 2007, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 2:13 pm

Quote:
pre-occupied with your obsessions.

This part sounds very familiar. :D

Theory
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2007, 6:54 pm

Atomika wrote:
Yeah, I also have every expansion pack for the original, but I don't have any for Sims 2. I like the first one better. The problem with Sims 2 is that your Sim ages too quickly.

Yes. Also in Sims 2, there doesn't seem to be much you can do for your sim anymore..Everything is automatic, and there is less possibilities..But the graphics are a lot better

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 7:16 pm

Atomika wrote:
I like to play RPG's such as Guild Wars and WoW, but right now I'm engaged in Battlefield 2142. That game is awesome. Other games I like are Civilization III & IV, Halo, Legend of Zelda. You like video games at all?

I have Civ 4, and I used to have 3. The Sims 2 crashes my computer after about 5 minutes because of the graphics requirements.

Not really into RPGs.

I was into Half Life and Counterstrike for a bit.

Now I normally play real time strategy, such as Dawn of War and Command and Conquer games.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 9:11 pm

Anubis wrote:
Atomika wrote:
I like to play RPG's such as Guild Wars and WoW, but right now I'm engaged in Battlefield 2142. That game is awesome. Other games I like are Civilization III & IV, Halo, Legend of Zelda. You like video games at all?

I have Civ 4, and I used to have 3. The Sims 2 crashes my computer after about 5 minutes because of the graphics requirements.

Not really into RPGs.

I was into Half Life and Counterstrike for a bit.

Now I normally play real time strategy, such as Dawn of War and Command and Conquer games.

The one Command and Conquer game I like the best is Red Alert 2. I liked being the Soviets in that game.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 9:12 pm

Theory wrote:
Atomika wrote:

Yes. Also in Sims 2, there doesn't seem to be much you can do for your sim anymore..Everything is automatic, and there is less possibilities..But the graphics are a lot better

True, but I usually look for more other than eye candy in a video game.