Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 1:56 pm

I have decided to look at rejoining a Toastmasters club after a 5 year absence. I found it to be immensely helpful to me and even learned that the club's president in open about being Autistic as well. I had a very positive experience overall and hope that will continue to be the case after such a long time away. Any other WP belong to a Toastmasters Club or have any experiences to share? I was a member for about 2 years and learned so much from them, not so much about speaking but also listening as well.

WarmAir
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

I looked into toastmasters once, but the timing wasn't good. It's supposed to be a good program. Good luck!

Boxdog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Apr 2013, 12:31 am

Hi there, I went to toastmasters about 11-12 years ago and found it to be quite useful in building confidence in speaking in front of an audience. I got my CTM (Competent Toastmasters) through delivering 10 prepared speeches.

Looking back the hardest thing was losing the notes about what to say (and still is). The other thing I remember that scared the s**t out of me was the Table Topics session at the beginning of each meeting where they 'put you on the spot'