Blocked on Facebook and baffled as to why

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 10:48 am

People have this ability to act like such cowards on Facebook. When it does come to this friend that blocked you OP, did she ever comment on anything on your Facebook or click the like button on anything at all? That should be a telling sign of what she felt/thought of you as well. Also keep in mind that it's easier for a lot of people to see who is friends with who on Facebook and some might even criticize others for their choice of friends. Some aren't equipped to deal with the criticism they face and in turn will block good friends just to stay within the popular crowd. Your choice if you want a real explanation from this girl or even want to forgive her, but I would just move on and forget about her.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 3:35 pm

aspiemike wrote:
People have this ability to act like such cowards on Facebook. When it does come to this friend that blocked you OP, did she ever comment on anything on your Facebook or click the like button on anything at all? That should be a telling sign of what she felt/thought of you as well. Also keep in mind that it's easier for a lot of people to see who is friends with who on Facebook and some might even criticize others for their choice of friends. Some aren't equipped to deal with the criticism they face and in turn will block good friends just to stay within the popular crowd. Your choice if you want a real explanation from this girl or even want to forgive her, but I would just move on and forget about her.

They have the ability to hide their friends list from the public and from their own friends and only have themselves see their friends list.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 5:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
aspiemike wrote:

They have the ability to hide their friends list from the public and from their own friends and only have themselves see their friends list.

I'm fully aware of this. It seems the majority of girls I date do this. However, you clicking the 'like' button is still viewable to other friends on that unviewable friends list.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 5:22 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
The only think that I could suggest would be to look up her phone number and try to ask her what you did wrong.

No - don't do that. It's stalkerish behaviour. If she has blocked you for a good reason, she will be very, very creeped out by you contacting her.

You don't have her phone number because she hasn't given it to you. Don't assume knowledge that she hasn't already freely given you.

Liam93
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm

I haven't used Facebook in ages as it made me feel really bad, however one suggestion I might make is, is it easy to accidentally block people?
A few sites I've used have block on a right click drop down menu next to view profile etc and I've had issues before where I've been blocked by accident and then unblocked when the person realises.

Saying that NT people act very strangely on Facebook. There were a few people I could talk to at school and after I finished I tried to add them on Facebook, about twenty-thirty of the people I got on ok to well in classes, at least eight or so of them never accepted my friends request, despite them having 400+ friends and that they would speak to me if they saw me somewhere.

Overall I think Facebook is a bad influence on our emotions.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 11:49 am

Social interaction on Facebook is often really weird.
I'm rapidly becoming sick of the whole thing, and I was never that thrilled with it even to begin with.

I wish there was a way to deactivate the whole social side of things (at least temporarily) but while allowing you to keep accessing your newsfeed in order to enjoy keeping up with your interests.

Hmm (strokes chin) maybe to replicate that effect I could make a second FB profile which has nobody added as friends, and without joining any groups.... then just add all of my interests to it & set up similar themed sub-newsfeeds.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 3:47 pm

Liam93 wrote:
I

Overall I think Facebook is a bad influence on our emotions.

It is a bad influence on our emotions. If a person overreacts to a gf posting a photo of her with her arm rested on another guy's shoulder and his arm around her back, it tends to provoke insecurity in the guy and makes the girl believe her bf doesn't trust her. Guess what happens when you ask about it? Usually an argument takes place, but worse things can and have happened. I have seen more friendships end and more relationships crumble since Facebook has been up. Social media seems to promote a lot of conflict, and a lot of the conflicts could have been easily avoided. The conflicts even spill out in the real world as well more often than not.

Bojoing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

You can block your friends updates etc from your newsfeed. I've done that and only see the interesting pages I want to see. I've created a 'no-list' for almost all of my fb-friends. They see less of my profile and vice versa. Only if I feel masochistic I go and see what's up with the no-list people :) There is really a lot of visibility-choices you can make on fb, take advantage of those and you can enjoy the good parts of it and socialize if and when you feel like it.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

:-) Hey, thankyou for telling me.
I shall examine the FB security settings in more detail.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

"Baffling" is the perfect word for that kind of behavior! It's happened to me too. I've talked to others and it's happened to them.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2013, 12:51 am

She probably only considered you to an "associate," rather than an actual friend and removed you for that reason. Why she blocked you, though, instead of simply just removing you from her friends list I don't know, could be a number of reasons. I would just take it as it is a move on.

Enc
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2013, 5:36 am

I kinda like Facebook. All those old school friends I haven't seen years :D Just chatting to them about nonsense like I haven't seen them for 15 days instead of 15 years.

No one blocked me so far :P

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Enc wrote:
I kinda like Facebook. All those old school friends I haven't seen years :D Just chatting to them about nonsense like I haven't seen them for 15 days instead of 15 years.

That has squat to do with the OP's situation.

Enc
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Enc wrote:

That has squat to do with the OP's situation.

Ah right, there are so many facebook threads on here, I get confused :P

rydaniel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

I so understand the feeling of being blocked on Facebook. An old friend of mine whom I have known since 5th Grade blocked me from being her facebook friend back in early 2009. Needless to say I was very upset, and hurt. However, the good news is.. she apologized this past November for the mistakes she made in our friendship. But, I am still on her facebook blocked list. Maybe she forgot after all this time that she blocked me? It could be any number of reasons why I am still blocked by my longtime friend. :?

Kevinjones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm

Ouch, that must hurt. The girl you are thinking of marrying ..actually blocked you on Facebook. :oops: