Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

So, I have a problem. The woman that I am interested in, has some friends that are moving away, and would like to spend time with them during the con I am going to in L.A. (Anime Expo) than with me.

This is (likely) the only time I will see her, barring another trip to L.A. this year, and I feel like I may have blown it with her.

I understand her feelings, she wants to say goodbye to them, but part of me felt heartbroken because I don't think I can spend time with her, and I am getting desperate. What am I to do?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 11:58 pm

equestriatola wrote:
So, I have a problem. The woman that I am interested in, has some friends that are moving away, and would like to spend time with them during the con I am going to in L.A. (Anime Expo) than with me.

This is (likely) the only time I will see her, barring another trip to L.A. this year, and I feel like I may have blown it with her.

I understand her feelings, she wants to say goodbye to them, but part of me felt heartbroken because I don't think I can spend time with her, and I am getting desperate. What am I to do?

Get another friend to keep your mind of her. I know that is easier said than done. I wonder if there is such a thing as rent-a-friend :chin:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 11:30 am

I think I blew it with her..... :(

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

Guys......? I feel so alone and desperate.

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2013, 10:33 pm

We don't know enough, to be honest. We don't know how close you are and many other things.
Maybe what she says is true and she'd still be open to stay in contact - then you should just get over the fact that meeting her didn't work out this time and try to find another occasion.
Maybe you blew it, and she is just saying that to let you down easy.

My advice would be to be direct and open about it, and ask her to do the same. Tell her that you understand that if saying goodbye to her friends is important to her, but you'd also like to figure out another way to spend some time together if she's interested (personally I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to both meet you and say goodbye to the friends, but that depends on how busy she is and other things I don't know). And ask her to tell you directly if she doesn't want to, because otherwise you're both wasting your time. During all of this you shouldn't come across as demanding or clingy, just sincerely interested.

aspergerking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

i think the problem is that you're a brony

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

I will tell her about my feelings towards her before I leave, I've been told. What should I say to her?