Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:29 pm

South America if you're willing to work, know the language, and don't mind extremely low pay vs. high expenses in living.
Brazil and countries like it are booming economies but they are still undergoing a transition from being developing nations. Life is great, but not easy over there.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm

You need to understand though, that you will never be part of the place you move to. You'll always be an outsider and there will always be barriers between you and the native population. The difference between being an aspie in their homeland and being abroad is that at home we stand out due to neurology, and abroad we stand out due to foreign background (unless there are many foreigners there, then we'll stand out even among the immigrants).

The sad truth is that there is just no real chance for us to feel at home anywhere. I hate that it is this way but that doesn't make it any less true.

I used to dream of leaving my country, but I've given up on that now.
Still have to admit though, that I'd really like to live in England for a while at least.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Last edited by Skilpadde on 29 Oct 2013, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 10:05 pm

babybird wrote:
My ideal place is either, in a world of my own or in a pub/bar people watching.

I like people watching in bars, too! And I can also be a fair to middling conversationalist.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm

And with SE Asia or South America, I think it would help socially to have a real bona fide, understandable reason for being there like a job.

(and maybe this is pointing out the obvious, but for me I sometimes find that helpful)

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
And with SE Asia or South America, I think it would help socially to have a real bona fide, understandable reason for being there like a job.

(and maybe this is pointing out the obvious, but for me I sometimes find that helpful)

Would being a playful bachelor count XD ?