Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 1:24 pm

This is someone who calls you a friend and altough they invite you things they do things like:

1. Never calls you up to see how you are doing
2. Invites you to things but either ignores you or often leaves early
3. Says that they are going to show up at you events but never makes it after tellling others of something different.
4. Other times it's that they want to come but things often come up that are not within his/ her control
5. When they did call you, it's brief but otherwise they are too busy to talk to you

Even though you don't veiw them as being good friends, they see things a different way and that you and them are good friends.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 1:25 pm

Autistic?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Lol.

I know there are different levels and layers of friends that have each person gains in a life time. I also know that each layers comes with its own name. I was wanting to know what kind of a friend this this.

This is someone who will only talk to you sometimes but only if it's for their benefit.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2014, 2:07 pm

Sounds like they aren't real friends my friends in high school and college were much the same would never text me first , would never tell me their plans on the weekend and was treated much like Karl pilkington asking me to different things for their own amusement however I liked the attention as it made me popular.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

I call it an alliance. An alliance is a strategic relationship one maintains in order to obtain specific benefits.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 4:32 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
This is someone who calls you a friend and altough they invite you things they do things like:

1. Never calls you up to see how you are doing
2. Invites you to things but either ignores you or often leaves early
3. Says that they are going to show up at you events but never makes it after tellling others of something different.
4. Other times it's that they want to come but things often come up that are not within his/ her control
5. When they did call you, it's brief but otherwise they are too busy to talk to you

Even though you don't veiw them as being good friends, they see things a different way and that you and them are good friends.

How about a frenemy?

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 4:48 pm

A casual friend?

Though English is known for having a very large vocabulary, I find it odd that we generally have (or use) only one word each for "Friend" and "Love". So much time, effort, and worry go into wondering if someone is a Friend, or if something is really Love.

Heck, I think it was the Eskimos that had something like 16 words for Snow. Yet we struggle along with just Friend and Love to identify two very important things. Thank goodness for adjectives or we would really be in trouble. :roll:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm

I was having an issue with someone who shows the very type of behavior. I could not feel I was ever getting through to him whenever I called him on the carpet. Plus they were someone who would make a supposed commitment to me and then would twist the truth by telling others what their real plans were. Then they would try to cover it up with a excuse.

They also never seemed to call me up to see how I was doing. In fact, they contacted me via text yesterday and invited me their birthday dinner. Even then they were too busy to talk to me. Instead, they were headed off to work out. I then said I would go and they even cut me off there. "Let me work out, I can't talk right now."

They were always too busy for me doing things with the family and yet I saw on FB that they had time for their other friends.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 24 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 6:21 pm

Busy?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I