Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kyuubi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2014, 3:15 pm

You see those guys who have that "do what I want when, where and how I want"? Those guys that just have a really strong character? Those guys that make others look up to him because he has....... well.......... it? Well I want to have that image. I want that air of dominance that these guys seem to have. But how do I get into that mindset and how do I utilize it?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

Just do it

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

trick70
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2014, 4:01 pm

Never back down when you are right. Never let someone make you a follower. You are a leader or a partner, not a lackey. Be ready to stand alone sometimes. Shut up any voices that say someone else can do it better, even if it is your voice. Know that you are going to do it because you want to do it. How well you do it is irrelevant to putting yourself out there. When you try, respect that you tried an others didn't. That builds confidence. In the end, that thing you are looking for is confidence.

Vacant_Entity

06 Mar 2014, 5:56 pm

Help people out without expecting anything in return, even to the point of refusing reward, not only does this build up confidence but makes people think of you as an amazing person

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 7:18 pm

Vacant_Entity wrote:
Help people out without expecting anything in return, even to the point of refusing reward, not only does this build up confidence but makes people think of you as an amazing person

This is exactly it. If you want to be exceptional you need to start being the exception. Be self sacrificial. Push yourself to do things that are uncomfortable. Dominate by not being incessantly dominant at all, and people will gravitate to you. Most of the people you see "dominating" only dominate inasmuch as an animal dominates. Surprise people with your sheer personhood, your human dignity, and you will gain influence that most "dominant" people can't even understand.

AspieRunner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2014, 1:12 pm

There are sites all over the web that discuss how to be more assertive, or you can read some of Robert Greene's books.

Kyuubi

10 Mar 2014, 1:50 pm

It's just that at school, I'm seen as the guy everyone can do anything they want to and it's ok. And there's also a notion going around that when I stand up for myself it's wrong. I'm really starting to hate non-aspies. They're so stupid!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 10:36 pm

Physically, just pretend. Stick your chest out. Hold your head up. Walk with an air of importance. People will notice and be attracted. Some jealous people might hate, try to label you as conceited. Don't react to those people. Keep doing it. If somebody puts their hands on you, fight back with all your might. It doesn't matter if you get beat up. Just fight. Make it hard on the people who try to bully you. They will find an easier target.

Mentally, you have to be self-confident. If you self-confidently tell someone what to do, they will do it.

If you try to fake it, they won't do it. You have to believe that you have the right to tell the person what to do.

Being self-confident is easier said than done.

It is also different than being arrogant. Arrogant people give orders, but they make people hate them because they are disrespectful. A self-confident person invites people to do what he or she says.

Being nice and friendly helps too (smiling and greeting people every time you see them, doing people favors and not asking for anything in return, etc.)

That's what I've learned so far about being dominant. I don't like to do it though. I just want people to leave me alone, so I try to be invisible. I am able to put on the whole dominant act when I need to though, like if I am in a position of authority.

NeonReggae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm

I want the same image.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

It sounds like antisocial and, personally, unethical.

stewart2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2014, 11:07 am

Even i want a strong image in social media..need more likes in my fb profile... help

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 5:28 pm

neobluex wrote:

What sounds antisocial and unethical?

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 8:47 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
neobluex wrote:

What sounds antisocial and unethical?

"[to] do what I want when, where and how I want"

People have to respect other people.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2014, 1:38 am

Kyuubi wrote:
You see those guys who have that "do what I want when, where and how I want"? Those guys that just have a really strong character? Those guys that make others look up to him because he has....... well.......... it? Well I want to have that image. I want that air of dominance that these guys seem to have. But how do I get into that mindset and how do I utilize it?

Be yourself. A human is happiest as who he/she is. They were made this way. What you want to be is a pack leader essentially, no? Well, I'm a pack leader and I use that to help people. NEVER offend anyone if you want that position.