Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MDK1311
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2014, 8:38 am

Well, despite all the quirkiness and his lack of social skills, me as an NT consider him my best friend. Why? Because of several reasons which I will try to explain here..
And as paradoxal it may seem, he makes me FEEL good and somehow I think I have the same effect on him..
We know each other now for a 5 years or so, (and only online) but in a way it is maybe better so. I live in a secluded area in France and he lives in some industrialised area in Germany so in a way maybe we should swap geographical location, and this situation is often source for humorous situations. I don't even know his real life name, and somehow it isn't that important. Over the last years we communicate on a daily basis.. I can tell exactly how he "feels" just by the way he constructs his phrases as some sort of ersatz for body-language one might say.. We now even came to a point we are able to complete each others phrases. Oh and I've been angry at him in the past, because of his "unwillingness" to cope or so, but in the end it isn't that important, because we do share... maybe not the burden, but at least the good moments, and for that my friend I want to thank you :D I know that I've could put this post in a private mail or so, but I just want to share this experience with other people too.. and if you read this, the spelling and grammar Nazi that you are, I tried my best to stay as correct as possibly. I know you will read this my friend, no need to respond though, for I know that deep inside you behind the fortress of your gaze, there is a smile. I just wanted to let you know how much I do appreciate you and I hope our friendship will last.

Cordially, MDK

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 9:00 am

Nice!! !

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

MDK1311 wrote:
Well, despite all the quirkiness and his lack of social skills, me as an NT consider him my best friend. Why? Because of several reasons which I will try to explain here..
And as paradoxal it may seem, he makes me FEEL good and somehow I think I have the same effect on him..
We know each other now for a 5 years or so, (and only online) but in a way it is maybe better so. I live in a secluded area in France and he lives in some industrialised area in Germany so in a way maybe we should swap geographical location, and this situation is often source for humorous situations. I don't even know his real life name, and somehow it isn't that important. Over the last years we communicate on a daily basis.. I can tell exactly how he "feels" just by the way he constructs his phrases as some sort of ersatz for body-language one might say.. We now even came to a point we are able to complete each others phrases. Oh and I've been angry at him in the past, because of his "unwillingness" to cope or so, but in the end it isn't that important, because we do share... maybe not the burden, but at least the good moments, and for that my friend I want to thank you :D I know that I've could put this post in a private mail or so, but I just want to share this experience with other people too.. and if you read this, the spelling and grammar Nazi that you are, I tried my best to stay as correct as possibly. I know you will read this my friend, no need to respond though, for I know that deep inside you behind the fortress of your gaze, there is a smile. I just wanted to let you know how much I do appreciate you and I hope our friendship will last.

Cordially, MDK

Hmmm... the portion I've emboldened seemed a little weird. "I can tell exactly how he feels", hahahaha that's probably the first time I've heard someone say that about a person on the spectrum. Hell, we don't even know how we feel a lot of times.

NeonReggae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2014, 11:53 pm

Very cool:) five years is a lot of time to gain a lot of trust.

MDK1311
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2014, 6:17 am

Lukecash12 wrote:
Hmmm... the portion I've emboldened seemed a little weird. "I can tell exactly how he feels", hahahaha that's probably the first time I've heard someone say that about a person on the spectrum. Hell, we don't even know how we feel a lot of times.

@Lukecash12 with "I know exactly how he feels" I meant his mood. (anyway I don't see why we should nit-pick on that ;) )
@Neonreggae indeed it's some time but it is worth it :D

SolinaJoki
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2014, 12:20 pm

What a great way you describe your friendship. You are both lucky to have one another.