When is it ok to friend request someone on Facebook?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iluvgod
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

I have a friend that I work with and we have 5 mutual friends on Facebook. We've talked a few times and she's a very friendly person. Is it ok to friend request them? It's no one I'm romantically interested in, but was wondering if it's ok to friend request this person. Having Aspergers, I can break etiquette sometimes and I don't want to create any awkward situation.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm

I would do it anyway. Only thing that stops me from ever sending friends requests is fear of rejection. But don't take it personal if she does deny your friends request because it's possible she would not want to be FB friends with anyone from workor she wants to be FB friends with her family only and close friends. But only send one friends request and if she never accepts it, do not send her another one.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I would do it anyway. Only thing that stops me from ever sending friends requests is fear of rejection. But don't take it personal if she does deny your friends request because it's possible she would not want to be FB friends with anyone from workor she wants to be FB friends with her family only and close friends. But only send one friends request and if she never accepts it, do not send her another one.

Pretty much spot on

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm

Being friends with colleagues on Facebook is an excellent way to have problems at work.

gigstalksguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2014, 2:26 pm

Nothing taboo about sending a friend request here. You know this person, you have friends in common. You can get Facebook friends with far less commonalities than this. :D