Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2007, 10:22 am

I have been much happier since I started playing this game with the humans.

I watch them.

I just listen and watch, like an explorer in a different country. I find the more I listen, and the less I talk the happier I am and the happier the humans are. I do not expect the humans to invite me to activites, any more than a tribe would invite the explorer to their tribal stuff. If they do invite me it is a pleasant suprise, but if I am not it does not hurt my feelings nearly as much as it used to.

-- dr strangelove.

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 10:46 am

I feel like the same in that I like to listen to them (not all the time of course :P ) and don't actually like talking to them. I observe them, maybe in the sense of an explorer, but I don't see it like that.
If I'm not invited, I find it sometimes pretty depressing, but, on the other hand, the last time I invited any person, it was 1.5 years ago, for my birthday (that I at all skipped last year :P ) so I'm not really surprised 8)

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 12:03 pm

Absolutely! when I finally learned to stop taking it personally and making a point of observing, memorizing and imitating "them"... is when I finally began to learn social skillz!

Of course, I was in my mid-twenties... but hey, better late than never!

meta4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2007, 12:45 pm

DrowningMedusa wrote:
Absolutely! when I finally learned to stop taking it personally and making a point of observing, memorizing and imitating "them"... is when I finally began to learn social skillz!

Of course, I was in my mid-twenties... but hey, better late than never!

Funny, I never really thought about that approach. Sounds like a good one...

Speaking of better late than never, when I was in MY mid-twenties, Reagan was running for re-election...

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 1:47 pm

I've always been the observer but not just with other people but almost life in general. The thing is, I couldn't be happier.

I don't say a lot, especially in groups, and I'm exceptionally careful of what I do say when I do.