Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 9:39 pm

There was a big monthly street fair outside the office where I work. And my coworkers were down there this Saturday evening. One of them texted and invited me over, and asked me to bring my Risk board. I was SO THRILLED! Finally I'd get to do something with my coworkers, that didn't involve drinking, which is all they seem to do, and which I a'm just sick and tired of. I don't drink, and I get to watch them act like idiots as they waste their money and get drunk, and look at me weirdly because I dare not to conform and drink myself. It's not my fault alcohol makes me retch, and I'd rather save my money anyways.

I was so excited for a change! I put on nice clothes and drove over and get to the office to find it's empty. Worse than that, nobody's locked up! They don't answer my text that i was on my way, and my phone calls when I get there. They'd left, go knows where. Go forbid one of them stick behind the meet me. Or text to let me know where they'd be. And who the f**k left the place unlocked? THere were people standing around and anyone could've walked in and taken something. They'd probably gone to one of the bars nearby.

I'm so sick of being the grown up so everyone else can have a good time. And if I wasn't that place would've stayed unlocked and god knows what would've happened. But because I've always got to be the responsible one, I'm never looked to or thought of for a good time.

Dammit why must everyone revolve around drinking always? Why must people be so damned inconsiderate and so damned stupid. Thank god I've gotten more independent. Five years ago I'd have sat around waiting for them to call me back, waited alone until someone remembered me. This time, I just said to hell with 'em and went home and did some work.

People just aren't worth the time or energy anymore. They're wastes is what they are. Forget 'em. I can have fun times on my own, doing my hobbies. I don't need alcohol or other people to have a good time.

Worthless, worthless people!

SocietyMadeMeDoIt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2014, 9:52 pm

I totally feel you. It sucks doesn't ?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 9:57 pm

SocietyMadeMeDoIt wrote:
I totally feel you. It sucks doesn't ?

The one positive is when the tables are turned, I'll NEVER treat others like this. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I treat those I care about as good as I would my family.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm

Me - I'd have been sorely tempted to leave the place unlocked and if the place gets vandalized they'd get the blame for it and get reamed out, not you. They have no proof that you were even there (unless there're cameras of course) If the one who texted you tries to blame you, just say 'oh I tried to make it but something came up, couldn't make it' (don't apologize, they're the ones who should be apologizing to you for skipping out on you) - they can't prove anything. Then maybe next time they'd be a little more responsible.

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

aleister
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2014, 1:21 am

The scary thing is that these people are alcoholics and lacking in intelligence yet they are seen as normal in this society, while we may get seen as weird for whatever dumb reason *sigh*

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 1:44 am

Do like I did to one of my housemates last week. I got so damned pissed off at him for acting like a jackass while drunk, I sent him a text message while at the orthopedist to get the bucket, the scrub brush, and the bottle of chlorox out of the closet and deck scrub the bathroom, as well as the kitchen. It has better be spotless else there'll be hell to pay. He tried to wheedle out of it when he texted me back a few times. I ignored his texts (since my wrists were being x-rayed at the time). When I got home, I could smell the bleach from the front door.