Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KiddlesP
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2013, 8:43 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have been aware of this sites existence for around a year now, but have stayed away. I have had a burst of inspiration, signed up, and I was curious if there were any people here living in Saskatoon. My apologies for the blatantness. 8O

Rigor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

We have a winner for most awesome city name ever.

KiddlesP
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2013, 9:07 pm

Well golly that's nice, wish the weather would be as awsome.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:05 am

One time, it is said that a couple of Canadian sailors were in a bar in Adelaide, Australia. A couple of the locals got in an argument about where they were from, since they didn't sound like Americans or Brits. Approaching the table, one of them politely enquired " Where are ye byes from, mate?"
"Saskatoon, Saskatchewan." came the reply.
The local returned to the bar, and his friends asked "Well, where are they from?"
"Ah dunno. They don't speak english."

Chippy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2015, 3:30 pm

I moved to SK last year. I am a ways south of you (~5hrs). Cheers, Chippy.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 3:53 pm

Welcome to the big rectangle. Where from? I came from BC nine years ago, and also bought a small house in a small town, because I could no longer sleep in a BC rental after an extremely illegal eviction from one. It worked out well. I even found a counselor here who helped me get sorted out, although that program has now been cut. I grew up in S. Ontario, and had some years in Winnipeg, too.
I hope you are safe from floods there - the weather has been crazy, completely different than last year. I have a friend near Saskatoon who is very interested in steam engines who you might like to meet.

Best Wishes

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm

I'm from Alberta myself. I've been down some back roads in Saskatchewan, but I can't say I've ever been to Saskatoon.