Page 1 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

EaglesRNo1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2006, 7:57 pm

I was so busy during the school year that I never came back here after joining late last August until now. Anyway, I was really bored on Sunday so I decided to create a myspace and interact with my classmates a little. This was the first online socialization with people I know personally that I ever attempted. Right now I'm friends with 6 people I know from school, and 3 of them actually requested me first. I was really surpised to have that happen. All my friends so far are guys. I haven't sent any friend requests to girls I know since I hardly ever talk to them and I'm afraid of having a request be rejected. I've left some comments on pages with guys who have some of those girls as friends, so I know they're aware that I'm now on there, but I still have not seen any girl acknowledge my presence on myspace. A couple of those comments actually referred to them, including someone I kind of liked before they moved away last summer. Does anyone else here have a myspace? How well do you get along on there?

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Jul 2006, 8:23 pm

i have myspace. i only have 930 friends right now. i think 910 of them are girls and 20 of them are guys (although there are probably more like only 10 guys... i haven't counted.)

here is a link to my page if you wanna add me:

http://www.myspace.com/alexplank

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 10:32 pm

alex wrote:
i have myspace. i only have 930 friends right now. i think 910 of them are girls and 20 of them are guys (although there are probably more like only 10 guys... i haven't counted.)

here is a link to my page if you wanna add me:

http://www.myspace.com/alexplank

I don't get how those sites work, do you really know nine hundred people?? Or is it like a contest to see who adds the most friends? If so, then I'm losing, I have zero friends right now... :cry:

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 7:00 am

I have a myspace page (check the www button)

I mostly use it to rant about things, provide aspie-level breakdowns of my social interaction research, and weird overly-wordy jokes.

On my (rather short) friends list, there are four girls, two of whom added me first (I knew all four beforehand)

I'm still not entirely sure about how it is used for general interaction... If I want to talk to someone, I'd much rather do it in person. This is mostly because when I communicate via email the primary purpose of the communication is to relay and request information, while jokes, spontaneous information exchanges, and so forth (the things which NTs love) are much easier to do when speaking directly.

I just don't get online "chat". I've tried it a few times, and my slow typing combined with my overly verbose writing style just doesn't work very well with it.

(really late) edit:

I guess that there are 5 girls on my friends list... one of them I don't know at all (she added me for some reason... I think it was because of the South Park icon I used to have)

Last edited by gsilver on 06 Jul 2006, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 8:02 am

Press my www button!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 3:28 pm

alex wrote:
i have myspace. i only have 930 friends right now.

Only 930? Well, I guess, when you figure that there are like 80 million people there.

SkippyP

06 Jul 2006, 4:01 pm

fernando wrote:
I don't get how those sites work, do you really know nine hundred people?? Or is it like a contest to see who adds the most friends? If so, then I'm losing, I have zero friends right now... :cry:

It's kinda like Pokemon, where you try to collect as many as possible.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:28 pm

SkippyP wrote:
fernando wrote:

It's kinda like Pokemon, where you try to collect as many as possible.

Pfffff. I'm very annoyed by those "friends whores" who see MySpace as some kind of competition. IMO it's a way of meeting new people and an easier way of contacting those who you do know but aren't really friends with. If somebody I don't know (or even know well) tries adding me, and don't even send a "hello" message to chat to get to know me, then they get an automatic reject--it even says this blatantly at the top of my profile, so that I can easily filter out those who didn't even read my freakin' profile and those who didn't.

Anyway...you can click the WWW button to see mine, but don't randomly try adding me, especially if you're not going to say a word to me after. Sheesh people.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:52 pm

I am on myspace but I don't want to collect friends that I will never talk to, I don't see the point. I have about 7 friends on there I think but then I would rather have a small, high quality group of friends than loads of crappy ones that you don't even speak to anyway.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 6:57 pm

I have a MySpace.You can reach me at http://www.myspace.com/cute_n_spooky .But PLEASE don't add me if you don't plan on getting to know me.I'd like to talk to my friends,you know.

-SpaceCase :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 1:21 am

I have about 200 friends, and I don't use one of those stupid friend generators. Those are lame.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 9:03 am

It seems that a myspace "friend" may be a friend or an acquaintance.

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Jul 2006, 10:29 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I have about 200 friends, and I don't use one of those stupid friend generators. Those are lame.

you can generate friends?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 10:52 am

alex wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

you can generate friends?

Don't BS me, I'm betting you have one.

A piece of code that generates friend requests.

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 1:58 pm

I'm not that fond of myspace as much as I project it. For me, I use it as a general info page about me and that's all (and it actually needs to be updated a bit). If I have a journal/blog or I'm on a website like WP, I usually have a link available to myspace, but I don't have links on myspace back to any of those sites (this lets me give out some info about myself while keeping people compartmentalized).

Also, the only friends I allow on myspace are only my absolute closest friends in the world and there is exactly eight other friends who would be on my list if they didn't completely reject the notion of myspace outright. I won't add people who are only aquaintances and I don't allow any "internet friends" on there; that is an absolute rule for me. I know only one internet friend I would bend that rule for -- I have no idea if that person has myspace and I generally won't ask if they don't tell me.

I've made it around my college town pretty well, so if I included all such people (acquaintances, distant friends and a few internet friends) I know I could easily have at least 250 to 300 "friends", but that's not important to me at all. In fact, I see it as extremely pointless and almost vain to have contacts that I'm never going to talk to.

EaglesRNo1

07 Jul 2006, 7:42 pm

One girl I know added me today. That gives me some confidence, but I still don't think I'll be sending any friend requests to other girls until one or two more send one to me. I now have my page linked to my www button in case you want to see it.