Your latest friend and how they became your friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

How long has it been since you last made a friend.
Less then a week 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Less then a month 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Less then 3 months 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Less then 6 months 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Less then 12 months 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Over a year 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Over 3 years 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 May 2015, 4:23 pm

Just interested in how long its been since you made a new friend, and how you became friends.

My newest friend is from six months ago, we both work together in the same store. I was the only the guy working in that store for nearly two years before he arrived. Hes a apprentice so hes pretty much always at work so i always seem to see him. Anyway some how we ended up talking football hes a big Man U fan and I'm a Chelsea fan, we both know a lot about football so it started from that. Now we play pool on most Sundays after finishing work.

Before him it would have been 1-2years

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:41 am

I'm a bit confused on whether people are friends - last "friend" I made was about five years ago - we were in the same uni dormitory, so we studied together and went to the dining hall together and so on, but after graduation from the course I never heard from her again. So I'm unsure if I was a friend, or just someone who was in the same space that she got on with so spent some time with. Before that, I discovered that when I was no longer of use to them sexually, they didn't want to see me again.
I'm working on it. :?

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2015, 9:42 am

It's been about five years since I made a friendship offline that lasted. I don't tend to approach people, and they don't tend to approach me.

I did make a new online friend last week through our mutual love of classic sci-fi and creative pastimes.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 10:55 am

I guess the last two friends I made were at the same time, three years ago when we started grad school together. One of the girls reminds me a lot of my late brother and the other of my sister. All of us were together constantly when we started school together but I just clicked with these two particular people.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:59 am

I made a new friend in less than 3 months or 1 month, not sure- we started talking to eachother along with my other friends at first

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 7:02 am

I am not sure if I can call them friends but I get along with two of my current classmates.

First of them was a girl that sat next to me during the inauguration 2,5 years ago. We were sitting together during classes since then till recently and she even used to give me rides home sometimes.

The other one is a boy in my class. This friendship was not obvious at start. We were indifferent at first but after a few months I heard him discussing with another guy and I realized we share the same opinions. So I started smiling and talking to him whenever I could. About 1,5 year ago we started sitting together sometimes and making each other laugh during classes, pissing teachers off. LOL
Unfortunately he doesn't attend lessons that often anymore.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 10:53 pm

There was this girl I had feelings for before I had to finally give up and agree to just be friends.

And not the whole "let's be friends" as a polite way of rejecting someone.

She told me over the past few months she thinks I am a great friend and she is glad to have met me and genuinely enjoys my company.

I wasn't too happy about it early on but from the very beginning I told myself i'd be okay if we were in a relationship OR just friends, so I'm living up to my promises...

I do find it hard to make genuine meaningful friendships though.

It took me 4 years of high school before I made two really good friends in the 11th grade. Before that it was 4 years of sh*tty, short and bad friendships that just didn't work out.

At least I make friends in quicker amounts of time now.

I've made two genuinely good friends this year already, both only about a month apart from one another...