Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2015, 3:27 am

That works perfectly for me.

umfum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm

I would like to come, but I've never been to the National Theatre before and I won't recognize any of you. So, how would I recognize you?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm

umfum wrote:
I would like to come, but I've never been to the National Theatre before and I won't recognize any of you. So, how would I recognize you?

Typically we put a satsuma in the middle of the table.

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm

Glad someone asked that, I was going to ask the same thing! Did someone mention Waterloo? Is that the nearest tube station? (I haven't been there before either.)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 1:21 pm

LittleBlackCat wrote:
Glad someone asked that, I was going to ask the same thing! Did someone mention Waterloo? Is that the nearest tube station? (I haven't been there before either.)

It is a train terminus and tube station yes.

I can make a map of a good route to the NT that I use. It is not a commonly kown route, but is actually avoid most of the crowd an the traffic and is pretty direct.

It does involve escalators is you have accessibility requirement it can be adjusted.

londonpdd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2015, 3:10 am

Hi everyone

Just a quick reminder that all are welcome to the meet up on Sunday afternoon!

We will meet in the bar on the ground floor of the National Theatre on the river at Waterloo.

The theatre is next to Waterloo bridge - look for the red wooden barn building on the waterfront. This is an annex of the theatre and sits right in front of it.

In the bar at the back of the ground floor in the main theatre building are some long tables. This area is always quiet. I will have a satsuma on the table :)

londonpdd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2015, 4:19 am

Good morning everyone! It's a sunny morning and bright in London.
Everyone will be welcome at 2pm today in the bar area at the National Theatre on the ground floor from 2pm. As it's such a nice day I'm sure we'll go out for a walk as usual near the river.
See you later :)

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2015, 6:00 am

Am planning to come today, will be setting off shortly. Hopefully will find you OK!

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2015, 6:06 am

LittleBlackCat wrote:
Am planning to come today, will be setting off shortly. Hopefully will find you OK!

That's great! It will be nice to meet another woman on the spectrum.

Just look for the satsuma!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 6:24 am

See you there :)

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2015, 2:09 pm

Anyone organising a meet up in london anytime soon.personally think weekend would work for most people.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2015, 7:21 am

accountinglad wrote:
Anyone organising a meet up in london anytime soon.personally think weekend would work for most people.

You just missed a meet-up on 1st November, but we seem to do them fairly regularly. We usually meet up on a Sunday afternoon if that works for you? Are there any good dates?

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2015, 8:28 am

I'd be fine with most weekends .I just don't really go on wp that often so miss the meetup threads

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm

accountinglad sure, we just had one. I think I already comment on possibly doing a museum meet.

Probably need to give a little time to draw interest.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

02 May 2016, 12:27 pm

Hi all, who fancies a meet up?

I didn't go to the last one so I don't know how it went and whether to suggest meeting up at what seems to be our normal haunt (the National Theatre) or to plan meeting at a museum for something different.

0_equals_true suggested a short meetup, for say an hour. We could do this in an evening and it would be good for people who are time pressured or nervous about meetups as it's for a set time.

There are two of us who live in Kent and we could have a meetup here (less busy than London generally) but it would depend on exactly where we meet I guess and if people would be driving or relying on trains and buses.

Does anyone fancy doing a locked room mystery? (AKA escape room) If you're not familiar with this, a group of you are in a room (usually for an hour) and you have to solve a series of puzzles to solve a mystery. They're good fun: there are two in Kent, in Gravesend and Chatham, and there are some in London too.

PipBoy3000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2016, 7:32 pm

London would be good for me!