Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

I've been noticing there seems to be two kinds of aspies. The kind that at least have some kind of support system; a friend or two or even a spouse or some other romantic relationship, and these aspies seem to at least be stable, with ups and downs.

Then there are other aspies, like in my boat who are often ignored, all over, who have no one and who are consumed by anxiety and loneliness. Who just seem to have so much bad luck and no chances to escape that abyss. People who seem to be part of some conspiracy to completely isolate them, who get ignored in real life, online and even here among other aspies.

Im wondering if anyone things there is any hope for the guys like me, to get better, to get chances like everyone else does. I think thats what kills me the most, I can't even say I failed because i don't get any chances to suceed. Just like the others like me, we want to improve, and make friends but there just doesn't seem to be any care given or chances to see if we can do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 7:05 pm

I think there's hope. You write well. You might have to deconstruct then reconstruct your confidence.

I think you're down, but not as far gone as you think you are

Honestly.

Just use us at WP in your recovery.

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2015, 7:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think there's hope. You write well. You might have to deconstruct then reconstruct your confidence.

I think you're down, but not as far gone as you think you are

Honestly.

Just use us at WP in your recovery.

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them. It did take a long time, like years but I did more or less figure out I have a lot of positives, I do or rather did enjoy writing a lot, and I am considered a genius per the last IQ test I had and I think at least I was witty and charming but the anxiety and loneliness obscured a lot of those positives.

I wish I could have opportunities, in life, in friendship so I can really see if I can make it, but as of yet I feel stuck in a vacuum. I had thought about penning more stories as I did when I was younger, but I've been too depressed to find the inspiration to write.

I do have a novel I was writing, I wanted to publish it, but the muse isn't visiting me.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 8:09 pm

I've lived in both places. It takes a little luck and a lot of perseverance, but it can be done. Try to stay centered, and don't lose hope!

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2015, 11:57 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I've lived in both places. It takes a little luck and a lot of perseverance, but it can be done. Try to stay centered, and don't lose hope!

I think luck is a commodity these days, theres alot of people i've come to realize who have felt put down and powerless with no luck or chances to improve their lives.

But speaking for myself, I've never had luck, its hard after 35 years to believe suddenly I'll get some.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 12:10 am

The only people who are destined to fail for sure are those that don't even try. Nuf said
I can understand the difficulty of you seeing any chance of things going your way being 14 years older than me or caring about what I have to say. I understand the thinking I was there for quite some time myself and to some effect am still there, why should I believe things will ever get better if I've never actually seen it myself in my own life? Hang in there and and at least find some semblance of inner peace.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2015, 12:33 am

When I am happy,
it is difficult to imagine being sad or upset and I scoff at the thought.

When I am sad,
I feel like I have always been sad and it will last forever.

I must be Emotionally Nearsighted.

I have to keep reminding myself that everything is always changing.

Concentrate on what you want. Hold it everyday and look for steps to take toward it.

Weather the storm and open your sails with new wind.

There is greatness in you.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2015, 12:35 am

LordRikerQ wrote:
Then there are other aspies, like in my boat who are often ignored, all over, who have no one and who are consumed by anxiety and loneliness. Who just seem to have so much bad luck and no chances to escape that abyss.

I think i belong in this category too. Having no support system, a harsh environment, no tolerance whatsoever..But then you have no choice but to survive whatever s**t is in your way so just try. Give the part of you that has been ignored, rejected and neglected a chance to be happy. Always try and be hopeful :D . and don't get tired of waiting.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 7:59 am

I have been bouncing up and down between the 2 'types', and went very deep into the "alone" boat.

There are always those who are willing to help: professionals, parents, older friends, us here at WP...
You are only ever "too far gone" once you have given up, you asking this question states that you didn't give up yet, so there is still hope