Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 11:51 am

How willing are you to connect with others?
This is not about how good you are at it or how many personal topics you talk about.
I mean what is your general attitude towards strangers? And I know there are differences, some people are more interesting than others, I get that... but I'm deliberately interested in generalizations here.
For example: When you're at the bus stop/mall/evening course, how willing are you to make friends with someone there? Or how willing are you to start a conversation with them? How willing are you to look at them?
Do you feel threatened? Do you feel anxious? Are you indifferent of other people's presence? Do you pretend to be indifferent of other people's presence? Do you want to get away from the situation? Or are you interested in making a connection?
etc.

Tell me about your attitude towards strangers. Open or not, I'm sure I'll be able to learn from your point of view.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 11:58 am

I'm weirdly on both extremes. As a child I had zero interest in socializing with anyone, ever. As a young adult I started being curious about other people, wanting to know how they really think, and feel. My attempts to get closer to people were met with rejection, and I learned it's considered weird and uncomfortable to want to understand someone's inner reality, as opposed to the social mask they wear.

I don't understand why other people are uncomfortable with that, since my own nature is to want people to understand the 'real' me – but it seems most people don't, so I just accept it.

I'll be sitting here in the corner, happily doing my own thing, and letting NT's enjoy their bizarre social games :P

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2015, 12:55 pm

Ashariel wrote:
I'm weirdly on both extremes. As a child I had zero interest in socializing with anyone, ever. As a young adult I started being curious about other people, wanting to know how they really think, and feel. My attempts to get closer to people were met with rejection, and I learned it's considered weird and uncomfortable to want to understand someone's inner reality, as opposed to the social mask they wear.

I don't understand why other people are uncomfortable with that, since my own nature is to want people to understand the 'real' me – but it seems most people don't, so I just accept it.

I'll be sitting here in the corner, happily doing my own thing, and letting NT's enjoy their bizarre social games :P

Why is it considered weird to understand someone's inner reality instead of all the silly social games? What is the point of people if there is no depth?