are there websites where you can learn social skills?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

joshskuxx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Dec 2015, 10:49 pm

are there any websites where you can learn social skills like small talk,how to pick up girls (or at least how to be friends with them) conversation skills,how to keep friends/ how to look "cool" (hairstyles and clothes that look attractive or are the current trend in society) etc? I also want to know if there are any websites that help you learn to manage anxiety/paranoia/negative thoughts and not care about what other people think. I cant think of any other way for me to improve these skills because ive seen several psychologists/social workers and they just told me to change how I think (and I just cant do that for some reason) and they've all eventually written me off as having anxiety/psychological problems that are to severe for them to deal with. also it is hard to put the social skills that I do know in to practice because of my social anxiety/constant paranoia and negative thoughts (no matter how friendly someone is ill always think feel like they secretly dont like me,like they are saying bad things about me to other people, that they have started disliking me when they are hanging out with there other friends or that they are just being nice to me so that they can eventually take advantage of me/ hurt my feelings by turning against me. I also have a problem where I cant ask to hangout with people because I think that im automatically going to get rejected no matter how much the person likes me) I know these thoughts arent always true but they are so ingrained in to me that it is like im almost delusional (and I just cant think "positive thoughts" no matter how hard i try). I need to find a way to improve my mental health and learn the social/conversation skills that I need to have successful friendships/relationships.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 11:10 pm

Omegle is kindof decent, you can enter random chatrooms as well as video chat with people.

LittleMidnightSnack

05 Dec 2015, 1:53 am

http://www.succeedsocially.com/ <- This site might be useful. There are a lot of different articles that deal with social skills and obstacles you might approach while trying to socialize with people. I hope it helps! :)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 153 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2015, 1:57 pm

Plenty of videos on youtube but mainly for nts. channels that helped me :cocochanou joshspeaks armankody(aspie).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 3:05 am

discussion forums to an extent. i've learned here.

people watching sites, chatrooms. youtube.

Quote:
I also have a problem where I cant ask to hangout with people because I think that im automatically going to get rejected no matter how much the person likes me) I know these thoughts arent always true but they are so ingrained in to me that it is like im almost delusional (and I just cant think "positive thoughts" no matter how hard i try).

i have always tried to keep my expectations real low myself, up to expecting them not to want to be seen with me.

i have tried asking to hangout on days where i haven't revolved my schedule around them saying "yes"...in other words, trying to make the hangout seem more like a bonus i can do without. making it inconsequential.

put more effort into suppressing those thoughts, it probably cannot be too much. maybe some sites that show you how to just that are in order.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.